Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Machine has Died on me!
Machine has Died on me!
I've been using my Air Sense 10 since March. The nurses recommended I purchase a surge protector as well. I did.
I've been in England since June 29th studying, and after moving out of the dorm today and into a hotel for my last week I have plugged in my machine only to find it fail on the first night.
It was on and working, then it shut off and refused to blow air although the power was still on. In working with it I touched the pack connected to the power cord. It was way too hot, so I unplugged the whole machine. Now it won't turn on at all. The power button at the top blinks once when I plug it in (with my surge protector). Did I kill the machine, even after using a surge protector anyway?!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine has Died on me!
Should be under warranty. How much longer will you be in the UK? As soon as you can take it back to where you got it. Let them troubleshoot/fix/replace. Don't know what your other options are except maybe gambling and replacing the power supply out of pocket.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
My fathers AS10 power supply failed after about 2 months use.
He also reported that it got very hot.
ResMed have great warranties and they should fix it for you fast.
If you need a quick fix try and buy a spare power supply.

The surge protector would have done no harm.

Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sgleaso1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The surge protector shouldn't have caused any problem.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you with getting your machine working again.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Isn't ResMed based in the UK? I'd give them a call to see if they can help. Worst they can do is say no.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2015, 01:01 AM)sgleaso1 Wrote: I've been using my Air Sense 10 since March. The nurses recommended I purchase a surge protector as well. I did.
I've been in England since June 29th studying, and after moving out of the dorm today and into a hotel for my last week I have plugged in my machine only to find it fail on the first night.
It was on and working, then it shut off and refused to blow air although the power was still on. In working with it I touched the pack connected to the power cord. It was way too hot, so I unplugged the whole machine. Now it won't turn on at all. The power button at the top blinks once when I plug it in (with my surge protector). Did I kill the machine, even after using a surge protector anyway?!

The AirSense 10 power supply is designed for "world wide" voltage, if you're worried about the English voltages.

Your failure probably had nothing to do with the surge protector. Surge protectors only help if there's some sort of surge on the power line. Was there a lightning storm or some sort of electrical disturbance before your had the failure? Does your surge protector have a "protected" light on in and has it gone out? Have you tried using it without the surge protector?

One thing that might cause a failure is if your power supply gets covered by a blanket or otherwise has airflow blocked, causing it to overheat.

I suspect the failure was simply the inherent failure rate of the power supply.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just did a quick search "resmed uk" and they have offices in the UK listing phone numbers and addresses
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,023 8 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  Dad's Cpap Machine Died SufiMindtricks 12 945 08-09-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad My AirCurve died lilymaebelle 3 537 12-30-2022, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,850 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,339 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] CPAP circuit board testing with voltmeter? MAchine died and 4 month wait to be seen! agunslinger 2 696 04-16-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: agunslinger
  My CPAP Died Mrbuffles 3 700 11-18-2021, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.