Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New and need some help lowering AHI
RE: New and need some help lowering AHI
This all sounds good. I think you are on the right track.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
That is a pretty good outcome, and in-line with what I thought could be best case. I like his straight forward explanation of what studies will be needed, and I think he will succeed in getting insurance approval for the clinical sleep and titration study.

Nice signature! Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2016, 12:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: That is a pretty good outcome, and in-line with what I thought could be best case. I like his straight forward explanation of what studies will be needed, and I think he will succeed in getting insurance approval for the clinical sleep and titration study.

Nice signature! Smile

I'm optimistic! And thanks! I added once small piece I stole from justmargo as a disclaimer.
CaseyF
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Organize Your SleepyHead Charts
Attach SleepyHead ScreenShots
Beginner's Guide To SleepyHead: By RobySue

Disclaimer: INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: Post Sleep Study

So that was quite an experience lol. Worst bed ever and enough wires to start my own RadioShack. The sleep technician was incredibly nice and took the time to go over my SleepyHead results with me prior to hooking me up. I was pretty dog tires so I didn't have trouble falling asleep and she did a CPAP titration, but to both of our surprise I never failed that.

She explained that there were quite a few times that I had started to have an event at lower levels, but that as she slowly adjusted me we got up to 14 and once I hit 14 I didn't have any events at all for the remainder on the night.

She theorizes that part of my CA issue could have to do with the mask choices I was provided. She was surprised as well that my doctor set me loose with a wide open default APAP.

All in all this makes me optimistic, but I'm going to use the mask I used in the Lab (ResMed AirFit F10) it was rather comfortable and I didn't have the issues woth nose breathing like I did on the amara view.

I'm just curious now if I can do 14 without EPR... high pressure and I feel like I had EPR on in the lab. I'm definitely going to do a 30min ramp or smart ramp to that setting. No way I'll be able to start on that I don't think.

Thoughts anyone?
CaseyF
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Organize Your SleepyHead Charts
Attach SleepyHead ScreenShots
Beginner's Guide To SleepyHead: By RobySue

Disclaimer: INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you call and ask if they were issuing an EPR setting? The techs at the clinic I went to were very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 384 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help lowering my AHI DigitalMan43 19 1,298 03-02-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for help with lowering my AHI JackNY07 19 1,859 12-14-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [Treatment] Help with lowering AHI, better sleep michael3 2 424 12-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: michael3
  [Pressure] Air curve 10 lowering pressure to sleep first test Emtvalenti 0 382 05-19-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  Sudden RLS upon lowering EPR A KLERK 0 427 05-09-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: A KLERK
  Lowering AHI - Analyzing OSCAR Data getzall 8 798 02-28-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: getzall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.