Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Machine makes groaning noise on inhale
Machine makes groaning noise on inhale
Just got a cpap a few days ago and having a terrible time with it - got a Philips dreamstation and trying the dreamwear nasal mask. Can't sleep on side without it leaking, so generally lay on back trying to keep my mouth closed and give up after a couple of hours. One thing that is super annoying is the machine which is supposedly new makes a groaning noise on every inhale. Its hard to get to sleep listening to this mechanical "snoring". I've adjusted flex up and down and it doesn't help. Should a machine make a groaning noise - sounds like pitch of fan noise changes substantially between inhale and exhale. It's mostly silent on exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine makes groaning noise on inhale
The only way the machine would make noise is either a loose connection at the humidifier, or a defective machine. It happens once in a while. Check the humidifier connections including the water chamber. If you still have the noise, call your supplier. The machine is under warranty.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the seals in your humidifier to make sure they are clean, in good condition and properly installed.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
How sensitive is your hearing? When you inhale the blower has to spin faster to produce an increased volume to maintain the constant pressure. When you exhale it spins slower. If I concentrate, I can hear the change. I would not describe it as a groan, it is very faint. Some people seem very sensitive to noises like this, I am not. So if it is not that, then your machine is defective. That does happen, I've had one with a bad blower. It should be quieter than an fan on in the room, as a basis for comparison.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wideawake34,
WELCOME! to the forum.!

If the noise is loud enough to disturb your sleep, have your DME exchange your machine for a new one, since you haven't had it very long, it is under warranty.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes I can hear my fans spin up and down.

I change the filter and in many cases, the sounds stop.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,274 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 143 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 358 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 345 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.