Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Machine malfunction
Machine malfunction
I woke up to my Phillips Respironics Dreamstation making a loud gurgle and throwing water out the bottom and out the back. I decided it was not safe to use since it was also throwing water on the power strip below. I couldn't figure out what was causing this. Any advice? who do I contact on the weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine malfunction
The water is probably coming from the humidifier. Check that the connections are tight, that the tub is not over-filled and that the machine is on a flat and level surface.

If it's none of these things you can remove the humidifier and plug your non-heated hose into the air outlet on the back of the blower unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. You helped me think through a solution. On my machine, I can empty the reservoir and run the machine without any water in it. I will do that until I can get help from the CPAP provider. (Simply removing the reservoir container eliminates the air pressure.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Why my machine started started gurgling in the middle of the night and started slinging water onto the wall behind it is still a mystery to me. The reservoir is not leaking, the machine is on a level surface, all the connections are tight, and the reservoir is not overfilled. The only thing I can see that might have been a problem is in the SoClean adapter. I wonder if there is any chance the little tube to the SoClean adapter could have come undone during the night? I don't know about that, because I disturbed everything when I unplugged all cords from the power strip behind my nightstand due to rick of electrical shock, because there was a lot of water on the floor and on the cords going into the power strip.

Has anyone else had this experience using a Philips Dreamstation with a SoClean machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no idea what the problem you had was caused by but I would caution against running the machine without water in the tank, unless you can turn the heat off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very likely your humidifier bin sprung a leak (they tend to crack on the bottom where the connection is located.  Just put in a new bin. Don't have one? You'll have to do without humidity until you get one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2019, 03:37 PM)jggdesigner Wrote: Why my machine started started gurgling in the middle of the night and started slinging water onto the wall behind it is still a mystery to me. The reservoir is not leaking, the machine is on a level surface, all the connections are tight, and the reservoir is not overfilled. The only thing I can see that might have been a problem is in the SoClean adapter. I wonder if there is any chance the little tube to the SoClean adapter could have come undone during the night? I don't know about that, because I disturbed everything when I unplugged all cords from the power strip behind my nightstand due to rick of electrical shock, because there was a lot of water on the floor and on the cords going into the power strip.

Has anyone else had this experience using a Philips Dreamstation with a SoClean machine?

Recreate the problem.

Set up your machine, disconnect the tube, run your machine.

If it happens, problem solved.
Post Reply Post Reply
water chamber probably leaks around the metal ring at the bottom. It might hold water fine when not under pressure and only leak with positive pressure. quick test is to set your pressure at 20 and block the output for a few minutes. check the bottom of the humidifier for any leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,155 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  jagged inhale--machine malfunction? mayalass 7 504 10-13-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Air Sense humidifier heater malfunction johanlon 26 13,594 04-28-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: 17WRX
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,791 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] Sandman Duo Malfunction kjheber 1 622 10-18-2020, 11:05 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Did my machine malfunction? Grandpapa-G 28 2,966 06-13-2020, 01:46 AM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.