Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 taped to face
Humidifier: included with machine
CPAP Pressure: CPAP 11cm
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Machine with fixed EPAP/IPAP
(08-22-2015 09:41 AM)quiescence at last Wrote:  Are you in ASVAuto mode? See if your machine will let you set the following parameters:

EPAPmin=8 EPAPmax=8 PSmin=3 PSmax=8

and can you set the maximum pressure? If so, and you set maximum pressure of 14, this will limit the PSmax attainable to 6 even though it is set to 8.

That combination should give you what in bi-Level would be 11/8 until central events are sensed, and then auto adjusts as needed.

and re-read http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...VPAP-Adapt i don't know if that helps some.

QAL

My machine is not an AutoASV, it is the older Adapt #36007, very basic, just EPAP, Min/Max PS...that's all...
At EPAP 8 I have a hard time breathing out, not going there..as I said earlier, I have tried a lot of settings...

S
08-22-2015 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
richb Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Built in
CPAP Pressure: Epap 6 Ipap 8 Auto ASV
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Idiopathic Central Apnea

(08-20-2015 04:44 PM)storywizard Wrote:  
(08-20-2015 04:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:  You have a lot of choices. Fixed bilevel is what is provided by the Resmed VPAP S or the PRS1 BiPAP model 660. Moving up from there is the VPAP Auto or PRS1 BiPAP Auto model 760. The Resmed works like an auto CPAP with a fixed pressure support of 4-8. EPAP and IPAP move up and down together in response to apnea precursors. The PRS1 Auto works with a pressure support range of 4-8, and the EPAP and IPAP can move independently with PS changing.

None of the above machines has an ASV function, so no spikes of PS.

Thanks for the info Sleeprider...I am torn these days...
I feel lousy, getting through my days on coffee, until noon, tea in the afternoon...
but really not doing well...

I am seeing another sleep tech on Saturday, will take original sleepstudy, Sleepyhead screenshots...I have no expectations of learning anything, but need to find a way out of this fatigue.

I was going over the pressure graph of my BiPAP week, it was pretty smooth, but I felt worse than the ASV...I am starting to think that xPAP may not be for me...

I will keep going a little longer...

Storywizard
Sounds like we have similar sleep problems. All Hypopnea and periodic breathing at low pressure and nearly all Centrals at higher pressure. I am currently on a ResMed S9 ST machine. My current settings are EPAP 11 IPAP 15 and a backup rate of 8. The backup rate of 8 BPM is at the same pressure as the normal settings. Last night I had an AHI of 9 and felt terrible when I got up this AM. I looked at my waveform and found erratic breathing for most of the night. ( The machine doesn't score a Hypopnea when it is providing backup breaths). I only had about 1 hour of smooth waveform indicating some level of sleep. I am trying to get an ASV machine but am worried that might not work either. I have an appointment with a new sleep center in a month.

Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
08-22-2015 03:43 PM
storywizard Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed VPAP Adapt S9

Other Comments:

Last kick at the CPAP can, part one.
Met with a new RT yesterday, to say it was a revelatory experience would be an understatement, this guy not only wanted to see all my data, yes Sleepyhead, he loves working on complex problems...
Apparently the two docs I have seen so far have terrible reputations as hard to communicate with, and showing no interest if you have anything other than OA...

Anyway, long story short I am now on this:
Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 761CA - P13845704FDA6
PAP Mode: Fixed Bi-Level
EPAP 6.0 IPAP 10.0 (cmH2O)

We are going to see what happens over the next week or so, and take it from there...

He has given me the name of a sleep doc who actually takes the time to help complicated patients,
and if the tech cannot help me I will go and see her.

Last night was the first time for a long time I had almost no leaks, had a great first three hours after waking, then my energy went.
It will be interesting to see if the events calm down, I will not post a screen shot yet, as it would not be pretty, lol.

It was amazing to have pressures that matched how I actually breathe, it was super comfortable.
Whether I get restorative sleep, that is a question yet to be answered.

Next up is a session with a hypnotherapist, and then I am done...:-) well maybe...

thanks again for all the support...

Storywizard
08-23-2015 05:27 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
kaiasgram Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Aloha
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8-10

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

How nice that you got with a good, caring RT. Whatever happens, you can say that you did everything you could. I'm really hoping the new machine marks a positive turning point for you.

S, I've been on PAP for three years -- from the start I've had stellar SleepyHead reports. I've had maybe a dozen obstructive apneas -- total -- in these three years. And a few dozen hypopneas -- total. My AHI has consistently been below .5 consisting of a few 'centrals' flagged by my machine -- maybe real, maybe SWJ. Yet like you I've had little if any improvement in the quality of my sleep.

All this just to say that I empathize with your plight. I plod on with my machine because I was desatting in my sleep study and fear is a good motivator, but if I was in your situation with events continuing and/or increasing despite treatment, and not feeling any better, I'd be exactly where you are with it.

Thinking good thoughts for you.Smile
08-23-2015 07:10 PM
storywizard Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(08-23-2015 07:10 PM)kaiasgram Wrote:  How nice that you got with a good, caring RT. Whatever happens, you can say that you did everything you could. I'm really hoping the new machine marks a positive turning point for you.

S, I've been on PAP for three years -- from the start I've had stellar SleepyHead reports. I've had maybe a dozen obstructive apneas -- total -- in these three years. And a few dozen hypopneas -- total. My AHI has consistently been below .5 consisting of a few 'centrals' flagged by my machine -- maybe real, maybe SWJ. Yet like you I've had little if any improvement in the quality of my sleep.

All this just to say that I empathize with your plight. I plod on with my machine because I was desatting in my sleep study and fear is a good motivator, but if I was in your situation with events continuing and/or increasing despite treatment, and not feeling any better, I'd be exactly where you are with it.

Thanks kaiasgram

It will be an interesting week...:-)

good thoughts back at you...

Storywizard
08-23-2015 07:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
kaiasgram Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Aloha
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8-10

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(08-23-2015 07:46 PM)storywizard Wrote:  
(08-23-2015 07:10 PM)kaiasgram Wrote:  How nice that you got with a good, caring RT. Whatever happens, you can say that you did everything you could. I'm really hoping the new machine marks a positive turning point for you.

Thanks kaiasgram

It will be an interesting week...:-)

good thoughts back at you...

Storywizard

Smile
08-23-2015 07:53 PM
Sleeprider Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sounds like a good experience with an engaged RT. The PRS1 Auto BiPAP will not initiate breaths, but is a very comfortable machine to use, assuming it's the right one for you.

What became of the ASV? Still have it, or was it swapped?

08-24-2015 07:35 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
storywizard Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(08-24-2015 07:35 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:  Sounds like a good experience with an engaged RT. The PRS1 Auto BiPAP will not initiate breaths, but is a very comfortable machine to use, assuming it's the right one for you.

What became of the ASV? Still have it, or was it swapped?

Hi there Sleeprider

my trusty ASV is safely tucked away in the CPAP closet, its not going anywhere...:-)

The BiPAP feels comfortable, half as many events last night as the first one, we are trying to find out if I can sleep better with no PS pulses...it was so good to find a receptive tech to work with...

Storywizard
08-24-2015 08:42 AM
quiescence at last Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: REMstar System One with Autoflex
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Quattro AirFit F10
Humidifier: yes typical setting = 4
CPAP Pressure: 5-13 Autotritrating CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: CMS-50F Plus oximeter /w SPO2 Assistant software. Avowed mouth-breather switching to nose-breathing

Good. I hope you get some much needed sleep.

QAL

Dedicated to QALity sleep.
You'll note I am listed as an Advisory Member. I am honored to be listed as such. See the fine print - Advisory Members as a group provide advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies. Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
08-24-2015 02:05 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
storywizard Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(08-24-2015 02:05 PM)quiescence at last Wrote:  Good. I hope you get some much needed sleep.

QAL

well, I am sleeping, but not restfully yet...

Titration Wednesday night, it will be interesting to see if the 118 CA's I had last night are actually centrals or SWJ...,OA's (8 for the night) , and Hyp 24 for the night), not great.

Lots of pressure pulses, 294...that can't be good can it??

well, one breath at a time in zombie land...lol

Storywizard
08-25-2015 10:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 2 6,159 10-12-2016 11:37 AM
Last Post: DariaVader
  Leak fixed (mouth breather for sure) jxyzobrien 13 798 10-02-2016 09:36 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [CPAP] Fixed Pressure vs. Auto Pros and Cons gmapes 15 941 09-03-2016 06:04 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Philips Dreamstation auto or fixed stephennic 20 1,808 08-31-2016 01:33 PM
Last Post: Maskup Sleepwell
  [CPAP] Interpreting Sleephead Stats EPAP GaryMann 4 418 08-28-2016 11:18 PM
Last Post: GaryMann
  EPAP Vs CPAP bib03 7 574 06-20-2016 01:09 AM
Last Post: vsheline
  What should I do about my EPAP settings on my ASV machine? Jeffo1 2 404 05-30-2016 11:45 PM
Last Post: robertbuckley