Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Machines Offered by DME - anyone have experience with these?
RE: Machines Offered by DME - anyone have experience with these?
(12-31-2013, 02:47 AM)LETMESLEEP Wrote: Today finally i got my PR 561. DME tried to give the bottom shelf cpac as insurance covers only for that.Decided to pay half out of the pocket but this machine is really good and it will work better then "brick''.

My DME told me a similar thing and charged me extra for the better machine. I found out later that the insurance company reimbursed them the difference and they credited it to my account. Without even telling me!

It was like a year later when I called them to find out why they hadn't been billing me that they finally told me about it. When I told them they had overcharged me they denied it and said that instead I had overpaid.

Yes, this really is a true story. And we hear lots of other stuff about the mistreatment of patients by DME's. I didn't believe most of it and chalked it up to the natural tendency for people to complain about the price of things. But I slowly came to realize that the whole DME industry is screwed up, partly because the entire medical industry is screwed up and partly because of the way durable medical equipment is regulated by the government.

My hope is that the online DME industry becomes large enough to successfully lobby for true legislative reform. The web has blown things wide open and allowed us to truly shop for the best deals. And forums like this one are educating patients to take advantage of the situation.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machines Offered by DME - anyone have experience with these?
Hi LETMESLEEP, WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with the new machine and your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 102 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  csa machines cexer 1 73 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 595 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Any experience with paradoxical breathing? pezhead99 3 543 11-12-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: pezhead99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.