Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Machines to consider and Airmini
Machines to consider and Airmini
Hello
I'm new to all this and have been recently diagnosed with severe obstructive apnea and at the moment half way through a 4 week initial trial. I then need to purchase a machine. I am currently using an Airsense 10 autoset and am considering this or an Airmini as I do  some travelling (well not at the moment so much). I have been happy with the Airsense - thought I'd reachout to get any feedback whether I should be thinking of the Airmini to use for travelling and my everyday machine or I should just be prepared to travel with the Airsense as it isn't that cumbersome, I suppose.
Or is there a completely different machine I should consider?
Thanks in advance for people's thoughts. Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machines to consider and Airmini
The Airsense 10 Autoset travels well, and the Airmini has too many compromises to consider it as your primary machine. Many reasons for this, but experience on the forum has shown that it is best to stick with the Autoset. The only reason to go with the Airmini would be frequent travel where size is critical. Normal vacation or business travel is easily accommodated with the Autoset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to Apnea Board. My take would be the same as Sleeprider's. A regular ResMed like the AutoSet is your best bet for primary PAP duty.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To Sleeprider and Dave
Thank you for your reply; whilst I was thinking of the Airmini; the more I read and now from your feedback I believe I have a way forward regarding the machine-Airsense 10. Now it's working out which mask is the best to go with.
Thanks again Simon
Post Reply Post Reply
You can narrow down possible mask types by determining if you breath nasally or via your mouth while asleep. Even if you mouth breathe, the first choice should be a pillows mask, then to nasal, and finally there's full face and hybrid. Hybrids are the bottom part of a full face and something like a nasal cradle on the top part.

This progresses from least to most in sealing area, and also affects the area that may have leaks. Most masks will be universal fit on hoses that you'll find on ResMed machines. Some of those travel types do have a more limited selection, for comparison purposes. Some masks are good choices like a ResMed P10. ResMed masks are named like this P10, P is a pillows, N for nasal, and F for full face. It's claim is very little to the mask, but well sealing and light. Respironics makes some masks that are well made too, as is Fisher & Paykel. A good idea is to do some searching and see what catches the eye. Feel free to ask about it in this thread of yours.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave
Appreciate your support with this. It's good to know that it is possible to look at other brands of masks also.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,280 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is the AirMini worth it vs. AirSense 11 labrat 10 922 02-22-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Jogreentree
  Connect Medistrom Pilot 12 Plus to Airsense 11 and Airmini? ICS55 2 308 02-18-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: ICS55
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 360 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 924 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.