Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Maintenance and change of part of machine
Sad 
Maintenance and change of part of machine
Dear All,

I am using a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto machine.

I had been using my machine for some time though not long period. I begin to concern about the hygiene of my machine and mask, etc. For example, how frequent to wash/change the filter, mask, water tub, tubing etc. And the maintenance of my machine.

Appreciate if anyone could share me any good source of information or thread for the above mentioned?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Maintenance and change of part of machine
You may wish to start by reading your device Manual or visiting ResMed's site at https://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare...pport.html.

I clean my water chamber, mask, and hose daily. I have two of everything so I can trade-off. I change my filter every two weeks. This will depend on your environment.
I use Dawn dishwashing soap to clean my items. And, for disinfecting, I use Control III which can be dangerous if you are not careful. I use distilled water in my humidifier water chamber to prevent mineral build-up.

I wipe down my machine daily -- and there are no serviceable parts that require maintenance other than surface cleaning.

Use the search funtion to look around the board and you will see numerous tips, techniques, and discussions.

I have Medicare (USA) and supplemental insurance so my DME sends me a complete mask and six replacement cushions, one heated hose, and six hypoallergenic filters every three months. I get a new water chamber every six months. Before this, I replaced my mask and hose every six months -- but people go much longer. There is no charge as this is the Medicare replacement schedule.

Hope this helps.
Best of luck.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
There's plenty of existing threads in regards to what you are asking. 

Seek and you shall find.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks guys for your advice.

I will start to read the cleaning thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 224 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,402 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 122 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 373 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  Sleep Maintenance Insomnia alienfrontier 0 109 04-03-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: alienfrontier
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 33 10,417 03-29-2024, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.