Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Manuals & Tech Tips
Manuals & Tech Tips
RE: The MesRed VPAP S Bi-Pap Machine.
Where can I find some Tech manuals/pubs on how to service these units?

I have one that is showing:
"SYSTEM ERR 1019
Call service !"

I took the machine apart (with a Torx T10 x 3"long screwdriver) cleaned it all out as I thought that it may have gotten some dust or crud in there, but dad burn it, it looks like the 1019 error is suppose to be something about a WET PROBLEM?

Got meters, O-scopes, ... just need some some schematics and some pubs so I got a clue as to what Im doing here and what Im suppose to be looking for!

Please Advise!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Manuals & Tech Tips
Did you look in the Apnea Board CPAP Setup Manuals:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Section Three has yours listed. You have to follow the instructions and request it via email.

I don't know how you could find the service manual, but that would be your best bet towards finding technical specs.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zzzx3 ,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck and hopefully you can get your machine working.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
There's this thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...error-1019

Don't know how it ends, just found it doing a Google search.

Found this on another forum:
Quote:Error 1019 means the flow sensor is stuck at a low value. The most common reason for this is water from the humidifier has got back into the device.

Quote:Hello, this just happened to us while on vacation because the machine got knocked over. This is what worked for me. Take the humidifier off of the machine. Take a blow dryer and on low setting, lightly blow into the machine. When I plugged it back in the error message was gone. This will buy us time to get home and get it checked out by a professional. Good luck!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
maybe water got into the humidifier
water damage is not usually covered by warranty. give Supplier #27 or #28 a call, they might be able to tell if can be repaired or not
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2013, 10:40 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Did you look in the Apnea Board CPAP Setup Manuals:

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Section Three has yours listed. You have to follow the instructions and request it via email.

I don't know how you could find the service manual, but that would be your best bet towards finding technical specs.

Even during my underground investigations I was only able to dig up the clinician manuals. I've been able to get the service manuals and even parts reference manuals for the buses they use on our local transit system! But the CPAP? That seems to be a dark secret in comparison.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, the schematics are as proprietary as the software I imagine. It's not likely you're going to build a bus, but you could build a CPAP machine. Let us know how it ends up.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
Although it's not the same exact model, here's a thread about the inside view of an ResMed S9 unit - might be of some assistance, perhaps:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AP-Machine

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie question:

What usually happens when this kind of breakdown occurs?
Send back to factory? (assuming the warrenty is out)
Find a local medical equipment repair?
*gulp* Buy a new machine?

:/
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I've seen CPAP Repair shops, the first shop I googled gives free estimates plus emails you a FedEx lable you can print out for free shipping.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 170 Yesterday, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jake79
  ASV settings and tips jcp519 65 2,257 Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information NOTICE: New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 72 79,239 04-14-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 10 300 04-02-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,442 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Admin Note] Wanted: ResMed AirCurve 11 Clinical Guides (Clinician Manuals) SuperSleeper 1 317 03-01-2024, 09:14 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,394 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.