Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P simplus
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Mask
I currently am using a full-face mask, but it doesn't fit my long face very well. Even with being sure everything is clean and dry, it moves around such that my lower lip comes outside of the mask. I am using a large size. Does anyone know of a mask that is larger than Large for the F&P simplus mask.

I am wondering if a hybrid mask would help with the fit? Thank you for comment.
05-25-2015 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

RE: Mask
In general, for FFM, each size is 1 cm longer. Large is as big as it gets.

Hybrid might work. Or, perhaps nasal pillows. You'll have to try them.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-25-2015 03:18 PM
krelvin Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Auto BiLevel
Mask Make & Model: Quattro Air
Humidifier: S9 Series H5i Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
CPAP Pressure: 10.6cm - 18cm - PS 4cm
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: FlashAir WiFi SDcard with SleepMaster/FlashPAP - Weather Nut

(05-25-2015 03:13 PM)dougwidman Wrote:  I currently am using a full-face mask, but it doesn't fit my long face very well. Even with being sure everything is clean and dry, it moves around such that my lower lip comes outside of the mask. I am using a large size. Does anyone know of a mask that is larger than Large for the F&P simplus mask.
Curious, did they use any sizing guides when you were shown the mask first? Most masks have them available and can save you a lot of hassle before going through the process of getting a mask and trying it.

Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
TNET Sleep Resource Pages
CPAP Machine Database
05-25-2015 05:20 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
trailrider Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: A10 Autoset for Her
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Eson or P10
Humidifier: autoset
CPAP Pressure: 6-12 DME, 7-13 me
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: engineer. EPR at 3, unheated hose, humidity at 2. Routine hose entanglement.

Sex: Female

Your DME should earn their keep by letting you try models and helping to fit you properly. Maybe contact the major mask manufacturers and ask them which of their products they recommend for you.
05-26-2015 09:50 PM
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

The question is: Does the lower seal sit in the valley between your chin and lower lip and does the seal for the bridge of your nose come up to adjacent to the corner of your eyes? If this is the case, then the mask fits properly from a design standpoint.

If I open my mouth wide enough, my lower lip will come out from the seal and I will have a major leak and that is true of my Mirage Quattro and Simplus masks. If the mask fit meets the above criteria then it should just be a matter of not opening your mouth too far.

If the mask is moving around too much then you might want to tighten it up some,especially the upper straps. Another thing that helped me with the Simplus is once i have the mask on and the machine turned on and getting good air flow, I use both hands to pull the mask away from my face enough to let the cushions inflate fully then let it back down onto my face.

Hope this is of some help.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
05-26-2015 10:15 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
dougwidman Offline

Members

Machine: resmed air10
Mask Make & Model: F&P simplus
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Thanks Great advice, thanks for taking the time. I will try all and see where I stand. Thanks again..Doug

(05-25-2015 05:20 PM)krelvin Wrote:  
(05-25-2015 03:13 PM)dougwidman Wrote:  I currently am using a full-face mask, but it doesn't fit my long face very well. Even with being sure everything is clean and dry, it moves around such that my lower lip comes outside of the mask. I am using a large size. Does anyone know of a mask that is larger than Large for the F&P simplus mask.
Curious, did they use any sizing guides when you were shown the mask first? Most masks have them available and can save you a lot of hassle before going through the process of getting a mask and trying it.

(05-26-2015 10:15 PM)PaytonA Wrote:  The question is: Does the lower seal sit in the valley between your chin and lower lip and does the seal for the bridge of your nose come up to adjacent to the corner of your eyes? If this is the case, then the mask fits properly from a design standpoint.

If I open my mouth wide enough, my lower lip will come out from the seal and I will have a major leak and that is true of my Mirage Quattro and Simplus masks. If the mask fit meets the above criteria then it should just be a matter of not opening your mouth too far.

If the mask is moving around too much then you might want to tighten it up some,especially the upper straps. Another thing that helped me with the Simplus is once i have the mask on and the machine turned on and getting good air flow, I use both hands to pull the mask away from my face enough to let the cushions inflate fully then let it back down onto my face.

Hope this is of some help.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
05-27-2015 11:01 AM