Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

There Should Be A Switch...
RE: There Should Be A Switch...
I use autostart because the xPAP sits behind my bed. My arms aren't long enough. Or flexible enough.

Here's where autostart could be better. If I need to reposition the mask, say something to a bed partner without sounding like I am drowning, or just need to tell my Amazon Echo to lower the volume a little bit, I could just take off the mask and put it back on. It works perfectly. But autostart considers that the beginning of a new session, and records the night as multiple sessions. There should be a way to have it realize that a 30-90 second gap doesn't mean it needs to record separate sessions, and that a pee break might sometimes be in order.
Post Reply Post Reply
When the moment is right, will you be ready?

Yep, we needs remotes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no doubt a remote for my machine would either be lost or chewed. And as soon as I purchase a replacement, the original would be found.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 07:46 PM)TyroneShoes Wrote: But autostart considers that the beginning of a new session, and records the night as multiple sessions. There should be a way to have it realize that a 30-90 second gap doesn't mean it needs to record separate sessions, and that a pee break might sometimes be in order.

Sessions? I don't think it records sessions. It records the time it was being used in a 24 hour period. With starts and stops. It doesn't consider each start/stop independently from others in that 24 hour period. At least not what I have been able to see.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 10:22 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: Sessions? I don't think it records sessions. It records the time it was being used in a 24 hour period. With starts and stops. It doesn't consider each start/stop independently from others in that 24 hour period. At least not what I have been able to see.
Sure it does...

[Image: iFLC1Vp.png]

But who cares? The overall results are a total of all the sessions for the night. A break is just a break, the sessions still get added to the night totals...

In the above, a 5:18 session followed immediately by a 1h session and a longer break followed by 3:14 "session". It all counted for the "night".

What was the cause for the break, don't recall, but the machine has no problems recording how long I used the machine which is all that really matters.

BTW, it is about 1:15am right now. I'm up because of a server down page. I would still be sleeping if it wasn't for that. Noted the issue, nothing can be done as it is a whole office down and out of my control. Will be up for about 20-30 mins and then just go back to sleep for the rest of the night.

Is this a problem with OSA, no, its just life, my job and I just deal with it. Multiple sessions, no big deal.
[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Hunh. Never saw that screen. Learned something new this morning. What software is that using that shows the sessions? But like we said, whatever they are called, they have no real meaning when discussing how you slept through a night. They are all aggregated for those discussions. It's not like you have to have 4 hour sessions for compliance if that's an issue.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 06:15 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: What software is that using that shows the sessions?

Sleepyhead. Under the pie chart on the left side.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I need to adjust mask without the jet wash I just pop the swivel off the mask and let the hose hang off the hose buddy. Do that for potty breaks too. This way the display light doesn't come on when I shut the machine off causing the dog to bark and the wife to wake up. Might record a leak for a short time but I'm not worried about that.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
One of the very first things I was searching for when I got my AS10 was if it had an app to view stats and control the unit. I was excited to hear that it had built-in wireless 3G functionality, but then was sad to see that it was only used for sending data. No app to remotely turn on and off. I would find this super handy since i put mine below my bed. It's on a makeshift cart so I can slide it in and out but it's not as simple as pressing OFF on my phone or another remote.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,080 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  Switch to AirSense VAuto for UARS/low AHI lexit957 1 303 01-22-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 516 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 626 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] ResMed AirSense 10 On-Off Switch Fix Quantum Mechanic 2 4,722 05-22-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: foolio
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,097 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
  UARS: Switch from APAP to BiPAP? lattie 3 1,077 03-13-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: lattie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.