Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Mask
Mask
I currently am using a full-face mask, but it doesn't fit my long face very well. Even with being sure everything is clean and dry, it moves around such that my lower lip comes outside of the mask. I am using a large size. Does anyone know of a mask that is larger than Large for the F&P simplus mask.

I am wondering if a hybrid mask would help with the fit? Thank you for comment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask
In general, for FFM, each size is 1 cm longer. Large is as big as it gets.

Hybrid might work. Or, perhaps nasal pillows. You'll have to try them.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2015, 03:13 PM)dougwidman Wrote: I currently am using a full-face mask, but it doesn't fit my long face very well. Even with being sure everything is clean and dry, it moves around such that my lower lip comes outside of the mask. I am using a large size. Does anyone know of a mask that is larger than Large for the F&P simplus mask.
Curious, did they use any sizing guides when you were shown the mask first? Most masks have them available and can save you a lot of hassle before going through the process of getting a mask and trying it.

[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
Your DME should earn their keep by letting you try models and helping to fit you properly. Maybe contact the major mask manufacturers and ask them which of their products they recommend for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
The question is: Does the lower seal sit in the valley between your chin and lower lip and does the seal for the bridge of your nose come up to adjacent to the corner of your eyes? If this is the case, then the mask fits properly from a design standpoint.

If I open my mouth wide enough, my lower lip will come out from the seal and I will have a major leak and that is true of my Mirage Quattro and Simplus masks. If the mask fit meets the above criteria then it should just be a matter of not opening your mouth too far.

If the mask is moving around too much then you might want to tighten it up some,especially the upper straps. Another thing that helped me with the Simplus is once i have the mask on and the machine turned on and getting good air flow, I use both hands to pull the mask away from my face enough to let the cushions inflate fully then let it back down onto my face.

Hope this is of some help.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Great advice, thanks for taking the time. I will try all and see where I stand. Thanks again..Doug

(05-25-2015, 05:20 PM)krelvin Wrote:
(05-25-2015, 03:13 PM)dougwidman Wrote: I currently am using a full-face mask, but it doesn't fit my long face very well. Even with being sure everything is clean and dry, it moves around such that my lower lip comes outside of the mask. I am using a large size. Does anyone know of a mask that is larger than Large for the F&P simplus mask.
Curious, did they use any sizing guides when you were shown the mask first? Most masks have them available and can save you a lot of hassle before going through the process of getting a mask and trying it.

(05-26-2015, 10:15 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The question is: Does the lower seal sit in the valley between your chin and lower lip and does the seal for the bridge of your nose come up to adjacent to the corner of your eyes? If this is the case, then the mask fits properly from a design standpoint.

If I open my mouth wide enough, my lower lip will come out from the seal and I will have a major leak and that is true of my Mirage Quattro and Simplus masks. If the mask fit meets the above criteria then it should just be a matter of not opening your mouth too far.

If the mask is moving around too much then you might want to tighten it up some,especially the upper straps. Another thing that helped me with the Simplus is once i have the mask on and the machine turned on and getting good air flow, I use both hands to pull the mask away from my face enough to let the cushions inflate fully then let it back down onto my face.

Hope this is of some help.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,523 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,204 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,747 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,093 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,830 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,528 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.