Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Mask Choices
RE: Mask Choices
(03-17-2014, 03:06 PM)me50 Wrote: your leaks are not mild imho. They should be no more than 24L. FYI.

Leaking so bad this morning, ripped the darned thing off at 5am. Very frustrating when my respiratory therapist is asking me questions like, "Well, what type of mask would you like to try?" Dont-know
This one is the best so far so I will continue to work with it for at least another week! Wish me luck!!
(03-17-2014, 10:41 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(03-17-2014, 09:52 AM)KatNapZzz Wrote: Hi all, I am a new CPAP user as of a couple of weeks ago. Currently I am trying out mask number three. A Fisher&Paykel Zest nasal mask...size petite XS. So far the leakage has been mild but I am having to use gel pads for the bridge of my nose. Wondering if anybody else out there has a pressure rate of 18? I'm thinking that is where most of my trouble lies...that and the fact that I apparently have a tiny face Rolleyes . Thanks for any help...

If the leaks are mild, the mask is handling the pressure fine. As to whether or not the pressure is too high, that's more of a function of what is needed to control your apnea events. So monitor your results and discuss this with your sleep docs.

As far as changing masks are concerned: I'm a big believer in giving your mask a little time. It takes awhile to establish a relationship with a little give and take sometimes needed. In the end, if you find you are just not compatible, then yes, move on. But I'm not one to just pick up any old mask that comes down the street.

Oh,Oh...guess that makes me the "Love 'em and Leave 'em" type!Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
KatNapZzz, The impossible dream of finding something better motivates my quest as well. I am waiting for delivery of mask number five over a mere 3 month period. This time, it's the Circadiance Sleepweaver Anew fabric mask. Call me fickle but my fantasy is that the absence of a hard shell will eliminate the tendency of my pillow pushing the mask aside. I am a side sleeper and it seems the pillow pushing against the mask inevitably creates a leak. I'll report back after I try the Sleepweaver.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2014, 07:03 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: KatNapZzz, The impossible dream of finding something better motivates my quest as well. I am waiting for delivery of mask number five over a mere 3 month period. This time, it's the Circadiance Sleepweaver Anew fabric mask. Call me fickle but my fantasy is that the absence of a hard shell will eliminate the tendency of my pillow pushing the mask aside. I am a side sleeper and it seems the pillow pushing against the mask inevitably creates a leak. I'll report back after I try the Sleepweaver.

Looking forward to your review. I too am a side sleeper and wind up readjusting my nasal mask several times during the night as I switch from side to side. Please tell me how this new mask works out for you!

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-19-2014, 05:53 PM)KatNapZzz Wrote: Looking forward to your review. I too am a side sleeper and wind up readjusting my nasal mask several times during the night as I switch from side to side. Please tell me how this new mask works out for you!
I'm still waiting for delivery of the mask. When the DME ordered it for me on 3/13 they promised delivery in 8 to 10 days so I figure about a month...resigned sigh. I will definitely report back to the forum around mid April.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,175 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,526 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,216 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [split] CPAP Machine Choices - Jerry Sends Buying CPAP Out Of Network Jerry Sends 11 1,684 03-01-2022, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Equipment] High RDI low AHI. Overwhelmed with machine choices, OSCAR data, etc.. ldinks 8 2,656 12-02-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Equipment] Oxygen Concentrator Choices mgwmgw 1 910 10-03-2020, 04:54 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.