Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Mask Replacement
Mask Replacement
For many years I have been using a Respironics "Comfortgel Blue" nasal mask. I have continued to re-order it, as I have found it to work well, when used with a chin strap. 

When re-ordering last month, my supplier said that this mask has been discontinued, and they would be sending me a different mask next order. I have two extra on hand, so no urgency.

Am hesitant to take what I am told to purchase with no discussion.  Would rather ask here. 

All suggestions welcome.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask Replacement
I would want to go in and try on some masks to see what is comfortable.

Does your DME offer a return policy or exchange program or satisfaction guarantee on the mask?  If so, you could proceed with whichever they send you, but plan to send it back and keep trying different masks until you find a replacement that you like.

You might consider looking on Amazon for your old mask, if you're willing to pay out of pocket. I frequently find discontinued CPAP stuff on there.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks!  but my DME is on the other side of the country; cheap med plan, have to order online
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-02-2020, 10:18 AM)johanlon Wrote: thanks!  but my DME is on the other side of the country; cheap med plan, have to order online

I deal with my DME only by phone and mail.  My DME has a 30 day exchange policy with masks - I can try it for 30 days, and then call them and say I don't like it and would like to exchange for a different mask.  

It would be worth asking your DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
good idea! thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,032 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,815 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 201 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,122 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,892 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,795 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 263 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.