Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Mask issues (F&P Simplus Full Face)
Mask issues (F&P Simplus Full Face)
G'day all

OK I've been having a few issues with my stupid mask leaking near my right eye. I've tried adjusting and still have difficulty trying to plug the leak, and it feels uncomfortable on the right side of my face.

Is there any full face mask that people find better?

Other than that, my CPAP has been good, getting an AHI around 3 or below, except for some days where it was 6.7 twice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask issues (F&P Simplus Full Face)
No solution but my Simplus tends to blow into my eyes too. I do not enjoy it. Popping it off and back on again help, but the leak seems to come back quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
am in the same boat as you guys. have tried various masks to no avail - i get fewer leaks with the Simplus. I've also tried a gel patch with no success.

changing from a medium to a small was an improvement for me. Last night my machine reported zero leaks, however i woke up several times with air blowing into my right eye - not a lot but annoying all the same.

best solution i've come up with is to tighten the mask then tighten again, not ideal but it's all that works consistently for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some things to try:

Go one size smaller. The good thing about the Simplus is you only need the cushion, not an entire new mask. The one size down might help with the eye leaks.

Wear it as low as you can get it. It is way more comfortable this way, too.

Remzz liners. I have better success with leaks and comfort when I use two at the same time. Take two out of the pile together, vs one at a time then trying to line them up. Won't work that way.

If the leaks are still within a safe range, use gel preservative free eye drops each night. The thicker the better (usually labeled for overnight use). I tried the ointment and it gets everywhere and is a pain to remove.

And last, make sure it is coming from the mask and not your eye. Freaky as heck but it happens. Eye drops help with that, too.

I tried a lot of masks and the Simplus is the only one that works for me.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have found placing a couple of layers of flanelette over the bridge of my nose is fairly effective in stopping the leaks into my eyes.

It does nothing for face farts so I've tried wrapping the whole mask in flanelette as a kind of overall liner. The leak rate is relatively high (but well within limits) and the eye leaks and face farts are pretty much gone. I hold the liner in place with multiple strips of surgical tape but will have to try a more permanent solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found that the Simplus cushions lose their elasticity with time. My insurance gives them a lifetime of one month, but I find I can go longer if I tighten the straps a bit as they age. At first I was unaware of this replacement schedule and had been using the same cushion for several months. When I changed to a new one it made a surprising difference.

Note that you have to keep the cushion clean. Oils from your face will cause it to leak. Wash in warm soapy water and use soap that has no skin softeners. You can also use wipes, but again make sure you get the kind with no lotion.

Note that if your chin slips inside the mask cushion you need to go one size smaller. I started on the large and had to switch to the medium. I do believe, though, that if you switch to the small you have to replace the entire mask.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 50 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,582 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.