Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Mask issues
Mask issues
I am having plenty of difficulty getting a mask to work properly. So far in the last week and a half I have tried a Resmed Mirage FX, an F&P Eson and a Resmed Swift FX Nano. The Swift FX Nano was a shocker, with poorly fitting head gear and I found it difficult to breathe with it on. The Eson has the best head gear but it hurts the bridge of my nose the most, and it leaks. The Mirage FX seems to be a good all rounder with comfortable headgear and a comfortable mask, but still suffers leaks. I have a narrow and high bridge on my nose that makes a nasal mask difficult to wear, and narrow nasal passages. Nasal pillows are way too uncomfortable and do not deliver enough air for me. Still in the testing phase though. My AHI scores are not higher than 1.9 and down to 0.88 with both the Eson and Mirage FX so I think I am on the right track with them. It is just the leaks and comfort factor. The Mirage FX is in front with me so far. Thoughts anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask issues
I had the same issues with my nasal mask, I have a big snobs nose! I switched to a small full mask but it cut my nose on the bridge, I eventually moved to a Medium size full face mask which was much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Several of our suppliers offer 30 day mask trials - try a few until you find what works for you! Once you find a comfy one, you'ee be much better off, as I was.
Post Reply Post Reply
JamesW, you might take alook at the RespCARE HYBRID FFM. Has a much smaller seal area and you don't need a chin strap,
Regards,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JamesW,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The mask can be the most difficult thing with this therapy.
Hopefully, you can try more of them, sometimes it takes quite a few ‘till you find the one that works for you.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and finding a mask.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The Eson rides a bit lower on your mose than other nasal masks.
If the Eson is hurting your nose its adjusted wrong.
Its a very leak free mask that canbe worn ridiculously loose.
It should ride low on the bridge of your nose .
The upper straps should never be tight enough to make the center upright arm touch your forehead. Actually you shpul be able to slip your finger behind it. The roll fit on the top of the cushion will adjust itself.
You tighten the lower side straps but they need little tension.
To much tension om the upper side straps will guarantee a leak, as will riding the mask high on your nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
JamesW welcome to the forum!

Have you seen the PR DreamWear? Great mask with a different style of nasal 'pillow'. Nothing goes in the nostrils it just sits there at the lower part of your nose and I think there would not be the same problem that you felt when trying traditional nasal pillows. It is just one fairly big opening for you to breath from and I would think you wouldn't feel you aren't getting enough air. See if you can't find a supplier with a 30 day guarantee to at least trial a pair. I also think you would benefit from being fitted for this mask as the headgear comes in 3 different sizes and the 'nasal pillow' in 4.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 12:15 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: The Eson rides a bit lower on your mose than other nasal masks.
The upper straps should never be tight enough to make the center upright arm touch your forehead. Actually you shpul be able to slip your finger behind it. The roll fit on the top of the cushion will adjust itself.
To much tension om the upper side straps will guarantee a leak, as will riding the mask high on your nose.
I switched back to the Eson last night and tried the adjustments suggested. Lowest leaks of all so far. I am using a strip of "Band Aid" type material across my nose to alleviate the soreness while I adjust to a nasal mask and it is working. I am getting more comfortable using CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 08:48 PM)JamesW Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 12:15 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: The Eson rides a bit lower on your mose than other nasal masks.
I switched back to the Eson last night and tried the adjustments suggested. Lowest leaks of all so far. I am using a strip of "Band Aid" type material across my nose to alleviate the soreness while I adjust to a nasal mask and it is working. I am getting more comfortable using CPAP.

Hang in there. It gets easier

Post Reply Post Reply
I am now using the F&P Eson full time, I picked up a brand new one three days ago as I had just been using a trial loan mask before that, and some nights I have very little in the way of leaks and sometimes it is worse. The last four nights have averaged from 0.0 to 4.8 with a 95% rate from 1.2 to 14.5 maximum. I have had a large leak spike during the night but this is when I wake up and move the mask as my nose tickles from the air flow. True!! I am not sure if these are good figures or not. I am going to try some Remzzz mask liners as soon as I can have them sent out. AHI's are constantly less than 0.5 since the new mask.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 47 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 184 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 108 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 155 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 212 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 249 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.