Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Mask repair possible?
Mask repair possible?
Hello fellow masked rangers! 

First of all, a big thank you to all of you 
Altough this is my first time posting I have been reading a lot and u guys are really great. 
Next month closing on 2 years of CPAP use... Diagnosed at 81 ahi, now at a steady 1.8 over the last 6 months, and feeling very happy with my machine. 

I do however have a small problem with an older piece of equipment... An f20 mask that is kinda broken and was wondering if there is a way of fixing it

The silicon just got lose from the frame.... It's not broken, it's not ripped, it just got separated... Was wondering if patching is solution, and if so, I was wondering if u have anuly experience 

Epoxy glues, medical silicon, other ways etc

L.E
I apologize if I posted in the wrong board, it's my first time.... Also I hope u can understand my English.... Not may native language

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask repair possible?
I would get a new one. They are not expensive and you can get a good price on ebay. If your are determined to fix it silicone would hold it but then you would be breathing silicone fumes for a while. Replacing it is the best option.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I replaced it quite a while ago... I am using one in mint condition... Where I am prices arent rly that affordable... It's about a third of my monthly salary.
I was thi king I can patch it up and have it as a backup in case my current one breaks. I will try with some medical silicon... I can leave it to dry and settle no problems
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. It's good to see your post. Others will see your post. I bet there will be good solutions coming.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Resmed N30i cushion that did the same thing over the weekend while camping. First time that's ever happened. Thankfully I had a backup cushion in my bag. Roughly $15 on Amazon to have a backup or two on hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clean both surfaces well and try some clear silicone sealer / adhesive. I've used that a lot on a lot of things, and it works very well.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need the whole mask, just the cushion. I can't imagine it being a significant part of monthly income, but I don't live in Romania. Do an internet search for "Resmed F20 cushion" and see what is available in your area. This has a compression fit on the frame, and should not be glued.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 499 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 580 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,557 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 695 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,485 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair JJJ 3 1,278 10-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: JungleJim
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,172 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.