Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Massive leak rate, tape isn't helping
RE: Massive leak rate, tape isn't helping
(09-22-2020, 10:20 PM)Computerdoc Wrote: Congratulations on finding something that works for you.  Knightsbridge was just too hot and itchy for me.  Nasal pillow mask and tape seem to be showing me some results.

It's not being declared the official winner just yet, though it's the most success I've had up to this point. I ordered a L since the XL is more comfortable when it's snugged all the way down in the back but the lump of material on the base of my skull causes some significant muscle pain down my neck and into my back. They're backordered at the moment, hope to have it by this coming weekend.

(09-23-2020, 12:44 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Gronk

All of those events you posted look to me like movement/arousal related you see how they have a change in the flow pattern before the event. When your numbers are as low as yours are it’s all about sleep quality I don’t see anything to change on the machine great job

Thanks! It's getting better but I'm still not feeling rested in the morning. Gonna continue to pursue the mouth leak and get that sorted before I even consider doing any tinkering with the numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Massive leak rate, tape isn't helping
(09-23-2020, 09:58 AM)Dormeo Wrote: The Oscar data are generally not enough to figure out REM; you'd need something like a Dreem, which has EEG.  However, there are changes in other parameters that are broadly indicative of REM, which is how other sleep trackers work.  And one of those is respiration rate, which may increase during REM sleep.  Or not.

One thing I've noticed is that I have been having significantly more recollection of my dreams, particularly just before waking up in the morning. I typically have little to no memory of dreaming and when I do it tends to be very disjointed and abstract or something highly stressful.

I'm still getting several CAs a night, with hypopnea coming in second place most nights. 

I don't see any obvious correlation of the data to H events but it seems to be 4-5 shallow breaths with a lower tidal volume (leak rate seems to be a common factor?).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 187 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 69 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 349 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 333 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 4 263 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 939 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,259 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.