Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Modding Resmed FX pillow mask, no turbo air flow
Modding Resmed FX pillow mask, no turbo air flow
Like many have found this is a very comfortable mask(and my first). I have
used it for a year now. The one problem is the very strong blast of air, out of
the vent. I have been using the P10 mask for a month. They are both made by Resmed. I note that the pillows look identical, but the material is quite different. The p10 material is much firmer, and in my case does not like being mashed into the pillow, which the FX can easily handle. The p10 has a vent which distributes the flow wide, which gave me an idea.

Anyhow the mod is to tape a light gauze over the vent. I found the gauze has to be very light, I used partly pulled apart furnace filter material. The result is still quiet, and restricts air flow very little, and no more turbo flow.

Hope this is helpful for a first post.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Modding Resmed FX pillow mask, no turbo air flow
I would be very careful covering the vent of any mask. They are there for a reason. The P10 is designed differently and specifically for that diffused vent. The FX is not.

Changing the venting rate may also change not only the amount of CO2 being vented, but also how the air flow happens inside the mask itself. This *might* lead to incorrect data reporting.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula's right. I wouldn't mess with it.

BTW -- Welcome
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
To be sure muffling the FX changes the flow somewhat. I've been inspired by people on this board slitting the screen on P10's for more flow(the p10 is much lower flow than the FX), have not done this myself, since the low flow is fine by me. I have very similar numbers with either mask. I find the more secure headset and softer pillows of the FX to be superior.
Post Reply Post Reply
Pft, a hose duct taped to your nose is more superior than the P10. At least the duct tape can be adjusted. My biased opinion, of course.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been around long enough to have evolved with the Swift LT, to the FX fna finally to the Airfit P10.

The heck with yinz, it's perfect! The quiet, diffused vent is comfortable and lets me and my wife enjoy a good night of sleep without the reminder there is pressurized air in the room. The nonsense this mask is clogged, and you can't breath is an individual reaction, and I encourage anyone that feels that way to find a mask that works for them (losers). I do not support slitting the exhaust mesh. and my sympathies to those that can't make it work for themselves. like

I was really looking for an emoticon sticking out a tongue...Sleep-well
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: Rida6Ani9.png]
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: Rida6Ani9.png]
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DaveDog,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Whatever, Sleeprider. RolleyesToo-funny

When I used it, I just turned the EPR up. But then, I only used it for, what, one and a half nights or so? Hated it that much.

And that is why there are so many masks out there. Keep trying until you find one that works for you. I loved the Breeze but that loud cyclone coming out that single hole exhaust was nuts. I didn't realize how loud it was until I tried another mask.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 12 200 42 minutes ago
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Is This Flow Limitation Cause for Concern? bertchintus 4 230 8 hours ago
Last Post: bertchintus
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 4 179 11 hours ago
Last Post: earnerd
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 162 Yesterday, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 13 644 04-14-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 975 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,650 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.