Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] My Airsense 10 issues solved?
My Airsense 10 issues solved?
Guys,
Has been a week or two since I last lurked but i want to share my sucess with my Airsense 10 issues and how I hope they are now solved.
So in summary my issues were;
Blocked tube alarms
Periods of no data being recorded
Fast pressure ramps making exhale tricky.
Well i finally managed to get some feedback from Resmed directly here in Australia and while some mysteries remain, so far so good!
The issues are all related and are all to do with the P10 pillows and excess humidity.
So as you know the P10 has very fine mesh vents. These are easy to block and as reported elseweher on here, even the surface tension of water can cause restriction. So if the meshes get congested , the machine reports tube blocked and to tries and cures this by immediately ramping pressure to try and clear blockage. As its now in this recovery mode, it stops recording data, even though it keeps working!
So what causes this?
Well could be blocked mesh due to dust or lack of cleaning. I reckon I was good at that, Id water rinse every day and gentle brush once a week. I wouldn't use soap but now do - a dermalogical liquid one and I'm very careful to rinse thoroughly.
Next was was humidity (and this is where it gets a little odd). I always had climate control in auto and this problem developed. Some times I noted moisture in the mesh but never noted as a problem. It didnt have chronic water dropong out in the tube. Accordindig to Resmed, unsurprisingly in auto the unit should set humidity to 85% and so should never see condensation. I should also add Im in Australia so room temps even at night are warm.
Anyway decided to switch to manual control. Tube at 27C and started with humidity at 4 and had proper condensation, dropped to 3 and all seemed good but still got error events, now down at 2 and so far so good - no problems. Now Resmed felt 2 might be too dry but its ok for me.
So if you have similar issues to me, try swicthing to manual and dropping humidity. They also suggested upping temp to 28 or 29 C but I haven't done this.

Good luck buys and I hope this helps soemone. im so relieved getting better sleeps and the important data for compliance.

Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My Airsense 10 issues solved?
This has been reported before and seems to only happen if you have the climateline hose. There is some defect with the Airsense and climateline that causes false blockage errors. I use P10 and a standard hose and never had an issue. There are others that have climateline and don't have issues. So who knows, maybe there were a bad batch of A10s that don't like the climateline. Glad you were able to find a workaround but if the machine is still under warranty and you can get it replaced I would explore that route.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe the climateline allows more humidity to reach the mask in cold room conditions, and then there's more mask condensation. without the heated hose, more would condense out on the tube walls... *shrug* it's a guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2016, 06:44 PM)AlanE Wrote: This has been reported before and seems to only happen if you have the climateline hose. There is some defect with the Airsense and climateline that causes false blockage errors. I use P10 and a standard hose and never had an issue. There are others that have climateline and don't have issues. So who knows, maybe there were a bad batch of A10s that don't like the climateline. Glad you were able to find a workaround but if the machine is still under warranty and you can get it replaced I would explore that route.
Yes I'D read issues with Climateline hose. Machine was returned to Resmed and ehile they found nothing wrong, they dud replace motherboard as a precaution. That makes me suspicious!

(05-13-2016, 07:02 PM)palerider Wrote: maybe the climateline allows more humidity to reach the mask in cold room conditions, and then there's more mask condensation. without the heated hose, more would condense out on the tube walls... *shrug* it's a guess.

Good theory. Makes sense to me
Post Reply Post Reply
This morning my usage showed as 0.05 hours with an AHI of 0.  The climateline hose and P10 mask hose were wet and the humidifier chamber was essentially empty.  I am using
a new (1 month or so) P10 Medium mask, distilled water and take good care of the equipment.  Any suggestions?  (The blower was running when I turned the machine off this morning).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 74 10 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 51 Yesterday, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 193 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 14 529 04-12-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  [Treatment] AHI under control but flow limitation issues guzzle 2 232 04-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 138 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 135 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.