Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] My CPAP Headlight
My CPAP Headlight
G'day All,

This is my first post... I'm a new member but have been browsing the forum since I was diagnosed a few months ago. It was all a little overwhelming at first and a bit of a struggle but I'm doing okay and now and realise that this is a new way of life for me (and the family). I've seen a huge improvement in my daytime tiredness, headaches etc. My AHI was 28 but now hovers around 4 - 9 and seems to be getting better as time goes on.

I had a bit of a dilemma... along with all the usual things that go on a bedside table (lamp, reading book, spectacles, glass of water, etc), I had to now include the CPAP machine and humidifier.

I'm a bit of a tinkerer anyway and after a little thinking, I came up with this lamp and mask storage combo. It's made from a glass head (from eBay), and a cheap lamp (from any lighting supplier). I like to call this my "CPAP Headlight". It does away with the separate lamp and gives me somewhere to store my mask during the day (before this, I used to chuck the mask and hose in the draw underneath).

I know I could have got a bigger table but this was fun and sorta looks cool too.

Cheers

Dan
Brisbane, Australia.

Cheers

Dan

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My CPAP Headlight
very cool Big Grin
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Kind of cool. Smile

I wonder if they make a glass skull too... that would be for a little different crowd though I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's pretty neat! When I read the subject, I thought you'd mounted a Petzl or similar on your headgear for lighting your way to the bathroom at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi captzero,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good to hear that you are adjusting well to CPAP and it sounds like you have a neat invention with your CPAP headlight.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to board! That's an awesome concept! What kind of bulb do you use? I'd be a little worried about it heating up the mask to much, but then again it's probably on for a short time only before bed I would guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I'd use a low bulb in there just to watch for heat.

But way creepy cool!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Cool!
Now combine it with a lava lamp.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi truetopath & PaulaO2

I thought about the bulb and heat buildup. Initially, I trialled an ordinary 40w incandescent bulb and although the head is quite thick, it did get warm after a while. Just to be safe I settled on a 5w LED bulb. The bulb's 'glass' shell is actually plastic so no issues with heat and its amazingly bright and economical as well.

Cheers

Dan
Brisbane, Australia.
Cheers

Dan

Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's great! Good job!
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.