Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oxygen Levels Asleep/Awake
RE: Oxygen Levels Asleep/Awake
I'm noob here. Been on CPAP for a dozen years. 2.5 years ago was taken to emergency hospital. Needed intestine resection. That took one day, two hospitals ended up keeping me for two weeks each trying to "fix my lungs". Released me diagnosed COPD. Put me on 6 lpm active, 4 lpm inactive/sleeping oxygen. Whenever I've used finger pulse oximeter when waking to wee wee during night I've read 98% level. Maybe I'm not typical, but my PCP says it's important to "keep the level up". If mine started coming out lower I'd check with sombody. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Oxygen Levels Asleep/Awake
COPD puts a different sort of stress on your O2 exchange than in someone without it, but again, 95% is just fine for COPD patients. 98% is in the upper quadrant of great. 93% and COPD would indicate that you should up your O2 a bit or at least take a few hits from a mask. Below that and you need to seriously rethink your dosages.

One thing for everyone when spot checking - put it on and give it a good minute to settle down before accepting your reading. It will vary over that time and it takes a minute for most of them to find their levels. And then take two of three good breaths and look again to see if there is a massive change or only a minor one, to see if your oxygen exchange is working well and more importantly to see if the fingerling is sitting properly and reading well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,114 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 64 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 133 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 10 337 04-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: DKane
  Predicting overnight minimum SP02 before falling asleep dfunk 0 102 04-02-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfunk
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 360 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,871 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.