Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] My machine will not shut off
Question 
My machine will not shut off
New member needs help. I use a ResMed S9 CPAP, (4 years) no problems.
I purchased a ResMed Escape ii from a private party to use in my motorhome. When I plugged it in, it started running, showing "CPAP" on the screen. that is as far as I can get. No response to the on/off switch and only shuts down when I unplug.
The local "providers" are not interested in my problem. Big surprise!
The person I bought seems to know nothing except that her mother hardly used the machine. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't mind spending $ to fix, if I new what to fix. I can program using the info from my original machine.
Thanks, Gordon Calstoy
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My machine will not shut off
Hi Gordon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions regarding the repair of your machine and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My machine will not shut off
Sounds like the power switch is broken. Just how old is this machine? Have you checked our manuals and/or the ResMed website for help with your issue? A complete list of available manuals can be found at the top of every web-page.

I also suggest that you contact SuperSleeper and have your username changed to something more cryptic. Usernames are viewable by all website users.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,155 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Air building up in your mouth: where does it go if you tape your mouth shut? Albigensian 14 3,183 05-30-2023, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Norman2195
Question ResMed 11 Shut off vs Auto Start/Stop Greg Schultz 1 960 12-30-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,791 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  Leak rate issue while taping lisp shut tight. Phil7 2 629 09-03-2022, 12:24 AM
Last Post: clownbell
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Problems since cpap auto shut off seamusv 17 1,674 01-31-2022, 10:33 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.