Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] My mask sucks! please help
RE: My mask sucks! please help
I have been using the Fischer and Paykal Simplus full face mask for the last couple of years. I am an active sleeper, and the mask stays put all night. Have only had a couple of incidents where I had a minor air leak at the bridge of the nose but all I have to do is wiggle my head and it seals back. Very durable mask, I have two of them and alternate them each night. I perform routine cleaning on them and they have stood up very well. The headgear is comfortable and durable as well standing up to numerous trips through the washer......hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
The Fitlife doesnt blow air into your eyes.
Actually you dont feel any air movement at all on your face in one.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2016, 01:47 PM)goldenvocals369 Wrote: Is there anyone who can tell me about a mask that actually fits? I have cheeks on my face and I sleep on my side. so naturally the pillow pushes my cheek into the mask and makes it leak. what's worse is that there's a vent on the hose that blows all over my face. Who was the idiot that designed this crap??? Did they not actually test their product before putting it out there? FACT: Everyone's face is different. Why are they not automatically custom fitting to each persons face???
<sarcasm> Cleaver Good-work</sarcasm>

One size fits none has never worked for me. I'm always the odd sizes when it comes to pants never the even sizes (aka the one's the actually make). I'm always the 4e wide shoes which are impossible to find in stores. so why should I expect my face to be any different. I have bruises on the bridge of my nose!!! Perturbed I'm not a happy camper!! Hate-cpap Cant-sleep-well Thumbs-down-1 Crying-into-tissue

Please help!

PS why are full face masks only sitting on top of the face instead of including the open mouth for mouth breathers??? you can't open your mouth with a "full" face mask. why not make it so people can actually sleep with their mouth open and the mask will accomodate that??? seems damn simple to me!

First, what you are describing as a full face mask is actually a nasal mask. A full face mask does cover your mouth as well as your nose. If you really try, you can open your mouth wide enough to make a FFM leak but it takes some intent.

There are custom fit masks available. If you do a search you should be able to find one. There is also a company working on 3D printing the mask to fit individual faces.

The mask that I use will accomodate my mouth being open all night long but I will wake up with terrible dry mouth and I am not a big fan of the dry mouth.

You make your choice and pay your money and sometimes you may even get what you pay for.

One other thing. If your mask sucks, you have totally the wrong mask. Your mask is supposed to *blow*. Big Grin

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Dielaughing
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to say this, but it took me a couple of years to find the right mask. And even now, for it not to leak I sleep sitting up in a recliner. Fortunately I can sleep anywhere, anyway. Would I rather sleep in my wonderful cozy bed? you bet ya! but one has to do what one has to do and health is more important in the long haul. I hear you when you talk about a mask made just for your face and a therapist once told me that was what I needed because of how my face is constructed, but that isn't available. I just had to keep looking for the right mask. My journey has been difficult to say the least - BUT stick with it. Make sure you are getting the right size mask. For the first year and a half they kept fitting me with a medium and the leaks were awful as was my AHI. I finally measured and discovered that I really needed a small. I had to argue with them because they insisted that would be too small for me - but it wasn't and I finally got my AHI to 1-2. My sleep study AHI was 64 initially. I think air pressure also plays a part in which mask works best for a person and also the leak factor. Just don't give up because even though I still hate putting on my mask at night - once it's on, and that wonderful fresh filtered air starts flowing through my lungs, I feel great. I've learned that when the mask fits properly you don't even realize that air is being pushed through (and my pressure is strong). I would never have made it through my first two years without the people on this board. They will give you good info - hang in there and take their advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
My husband struggled with leaks for 2 months, he was ready to return everything back. He would only wear it for about 3-4 hours, the leaks would constantly wake him up. I research (on these boards) and bought him the mask liners with the tabs that stick to the mask. It has been a miracle! From the first night he used the liners, no leaks, he now sleeps 7 hours!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Wellue Checkme Sucks & CTD Brewskie 3 449 01-18-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,211 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Retesting ... Sucks. :( dosco 5 1,619 04-20-2022, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Startup2016
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,757 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  After Four Failed Machines it is Clear - RESMED SUCKS Akhenaten33 24 3,893 10-10-2021, 09:06 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.