Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] NEW MASK IS AWESOME!
RE: NEW MASK IS AWESOME!
(05-24-2012, 08:41 AM)mjbearit Wrote: Small issue with mask last night. The strap that goes around the back of your head has to be low on your head to draw the pillows in and seal. Somehow while I was sleeping it has slid up towards the top of my head so air was just pouring out the bottom of the mask, so then of course I opened my mouth to try and get enough air, I suspect, and I woke up with a desert in my mouth and a wind blowing everywhere. Got that fixed, went right back to sleep and didn't wake up again until a half hour before my alarm went off. Got some primo ZZZzzzs last night! Of course I just want to go back to bed and do that some more! LOL!

I use a Swift FX and the back strap rides up during the night. I went to the store and bought some elastic band in the sewing department and made another strap that I attached to the back strap with safety pins to go under my chin. My homemade strap keeps the back strap from moving up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2012, 09:58 AM)JJJ Wrote: I use a Swift FX and the back strap rides up during the night. I went to the store and bought some elastic band in the sewing department and made another strap that I attached to the back strap with safety pins to go under my chin. My homemade strap keeps the back strap from moving up.

Hey Thanks! Great idea! Since last night was the second night with that mask and the first time it did that, I hadn't gotten to the solution stage yet! Smile I believe I have some elastic in the sewing room. I'll have to check on that when I get home.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Got as new pillow today that is supposed to be made for CPAP users. Should be interesting to see what, if any, difference it makes tonight.
On a different note entirely, my machine is old. They say CPAP, I say iron lung. No data at all other than total hours and days over 4 hours. This means that in order to get data I need other methods. I already asked so don't even go there, no, I cannot have a new machine. I was thinking that with nothing more than an oximeter I could actually get quite a bit of data. While it won't give me a clear picture of the actual treatment, it will give me an idea of the results of the treatment. I also read something somewhere about some other device whereby you wear some headband and it sends brainwave or whatever data to some base unit. For the life of me I am drawing a blank on what it is called. I want to call it a Zeo device or some name close to that. This is not a cheap device. I was wondering what people think about the oximeters for data in the absence of other data and what the general consensus is regarding this other device (and there may be more that just this one but I may not have run into it yet). I would love to hear people'
s opinions on this and it may be posted somewhere I have not found yet on this board, in which case a link to the section would be appreciated. I've read up on the Oximeters and have decided that if I want to go that route I will go with the 50E (my laptop doesn't do Bluetooth so no point in the EW), but I have yet to find opinions on the oximeter with no CPAP machine sd card data.
Thanks
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
This thread from products Review fourm about Pulse Oximeter CMS-50 started by jdireton
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...er-CMS-50E

You can get inexpensive used data capable machine from Supplier #2
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,209 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,755 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,832 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,529 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.