Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] NEW MASK IS AWESOME!
NEW MASK IS AWESOME!
Stopped by today and picked up my new Swift LT. Man things have come a long way! I swear that old Adam Circuit was heavy and had this big old hose coming up between your eyes.....I feel like it was a torture device now! I am looking forward to sleep tonight! Two more hours and I get to find out! Smile Sorry to sound so excited but if anyone used the old masks and now the new ones, you can understand! They wouldn't give me a new machine and at this point I don't even care. I'm just so happy with this mask!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NEW MASK IS AWESOME!
How old is your old machine? Insurance/Medicare will pay for new machines every five years. oldman Except in my case; Medicare decided that I should have bought my new CPAP through one of their approved providers. Now i get to run my purchase through the insurance company to see if they will reimburse me part of my costs.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not quite old enough for Medicare! Smile Since I don't want to break the rules of the board I will just say that my HMO is cheap and the people who provide equipment for them are cheap and really do not care. Luckily, I am an old hand at sticking up for myself. Down the road a bit here I'll work on getting the new machine. I just have to go through the HMO to do it and I need some good sleep to deal with them! LOL! I can be patient.
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

Post Reply Post Reply
For the record, not just old farts, um, I mean the elderly have Medicare.

And yes, masks have come a long way. Oddly enough, after trying different masks over the years, I am back with the one I started with nine or so years ago. Somethings just are good the way they are.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-22-2012, 10:24 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: For the record, not just old farts, um, I mean the elderly have Medicare.
Of course you are right. I'm just a diabetic, arthritic old fart who needs a machine to breathe who is tired of hearing the words "At your age..."! LOL! I'm fighting like crazy to keep Medicare to an age thing in my life because getting it earlier than that means I lost a battle somewhere along the line. I'll never see 50 again, but I am in school (actually on Summer break right now) and winding up one career so I can go into another. One of the reasons I revisited compliance was because of school. I found that between working 60-80 hours a week, volunteering at the hospital and taking 2 classes was beyond my abilities so I needed to get back to sleeping again. After a full nights sleep on my trusty old machine, I feel good. Not great, but very good. Great will come after a couple of weeks, I'm sure of that. Now if this will help to get my blood glucose and BP down, bonus! Smile Heck leaving my current job early next year will get my BP down! ha!
Mike

Post Reply Post Reply
Great news on the mask. I understand your enthusiasm!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got a knock on the door. FedEx dropped off a package! I ordered one of those hose cover deals so that I won't have some cold hard piece of plastic touch me in the middle of this night and wake me up. I remember how often that happened before! It always used to irritate me half to death! Friday i should have the new pillow I ordered as well. Whatever I can do to make compliance easier! I never knew about those hose cover thingys before, but I figure if these little things like a cover, a pillow, whatever, makes it easier, count me in! I even got it with cat paw prints! LOL! My cat usually sleeps by my head. He wants nothing to do with the hose so last night he bailed on me. Maybe tonight he'll settle down.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think you will be happy with the Swift LT. I have used it for two years and love it. I get zero leaks. Well, maybe a few because i like to sleep on my stomach sometimes and it will leak a bit until I get the pillow smashed just right. I use it with the hose coming down over my head from the headboard. I like the rotatable barrel for the pillows. Makes it fit good.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
Small issue with mask last night. The strap that goes around the back of your head has to be low on your head to draw the pillows in and seal. Somehow while I was sleeping it has slid up towards the top of my head so air was just pouring out the bottom of the mask, so then of course I opened my mouth to try and get enough air, I suspect, and I woke up with a desert in my mouth and a wind blowing everywhere. Got that fixed, went right back to sleep and didn't wake up again until a half hour before my alarm went off. Got some primo ZZZzzzs last night! Of course I just want to go back to bed and do that some more! LOL!

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2012, 08:03 PM)mjbearit Wrote: Just got a knock on the door. FedEx dropped off a package! I ordered one of those hose cover deals so that I won't have some cold hard piece of plastic touch me in the middle of this night and wake me up. I remember how often that happened before! It always used to irritate me half to death! Friday i should have the new pillow I ordered as well. Whatever I can do to make compliance easier! I never knew about those hose cover thingys before, but I figure if these little things like a cover, a pillow, whatever, makes it easier, count me in! I even got it with cat paw prints! LOL! My cat usually sleeps by my head. He wants nothing to do with the hose so last night he bailed on me. Maybe tonight he'll settle down.

If you aren't using the slim tubing with your Remstar, you might see if your machine has a setting that will work with the thinner tubing.
This tubing is much lighter and more flexible than the wider diameter tubing. There is noticably less drag on your mask with this tubing, and you don't notice it as much if it crosses your body. You could still use it with your tube cover but might not need it.

Another trick for an annoying tube, regardless of size, is to bring the tube behind and over the headboard. Then swivel the mask tube adapter upward towards the headboard. Now, the tube will never cross your body and make it almost impossible to get tangled up with the tubing. Your tube cover will quiet the movement noise of the tube along the headboard should you turn over in your sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,523 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,205 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,747 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,093 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,830 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,528 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.