Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] NONIN Xpod + AirSense 10 - OSCAR compatible?
NONIN Xpod + AirSense 10 - OSCAR compatible?
Hi there!

I am currently in touch with the medical technology company providing my CPAP device - for the AirSense 10, there's an official solution with the NONIN Xpod available which is ridiculously expensive to buy (around 700 €). Does this suffice in order to use it with Oscar or do I have to buy one of the officially stated oxymeters? 

My expectation is that the data of the "official" oxymeter set is saved directly onto the SD card as yet another EDF file, but without having the adapter, I cannot know whether that's for sure and if Oscar does support it. Sadly, the wiki doesn't state anything about this.

Can someone shed some light into the dark here? 

I actually found a post from 2020 stating that it should be supported -> if that's true and validated, I guess some addition in the Wiki would be great.

Cheers!
Mario
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: NONIN Xpod + AirSense 10 - OSCAR compatible?
The Nonin oximeter with the ResMed adaptor is indeed supported by OSCAR and ResScan.

Because of the expense, very few people have them, which is probably why it was left out of the wiki.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
With the correct app, I'd gotten my Contec CMS 50F to upload to OSCAR. Here in the US that's about $130 versus about $1,000.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2022, 02:17 PM)pholynyk Wrote: The Nonin oximeter with the ResMed adaptor is indeed supported by OSCAR and ResScan.

Because of the expense, very few people have them, which is probably why it was left out of the wiki.

Good to know!
Well, since it's mostly used for diagnosis purposes, I doubt that buying one is actually worth it - at least for my case. 

(01-06-2022, 02:24 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: With the correct app, I'd gotten my Contec CMS 50F to upload to OSCAR. Here in the US that's about $130 versus about $1,000.

Yeah, I'll opt for a cheaper option if I don't get a prescription or if my insurance declines it. The German healthcare system is quite a mess regarding such things and a real bureaucracy monster. 

At least in my case all the CPAP stuff isn't currently my property but lend only.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,771 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 213 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.