Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Nasal pillows with least pressure on tip of nose?
Nasal pillows with least pressure on tip of nose?
I'm currently using the ResMed Airfit P10 nasal pillows mask and I want to switch to something else because I'm fed up with the mesh getting clogged. I'd like to stick with a nasal pillow style mask if possible, and I'm trying to figure out which nasal pillow mask is least likely to put pressure on the tip of my nose. Any suggestions?

Some context:
  1. I'm hoping to get a septum piercing (piercing through the fleshy area in front of the cartilage in the nose) sometime this fall. I'm planning to get pierced with a septum retainer as the initial jewelry. A retainer is basically a squared off u-shape made out of an inert metal like titanium, if you do a google image search you'll find plenty of pictures of them and of people wearing them. I'm planning to wear the retainer flipped up until the piercing heals, so there won't be anything sticking out of my nose. Retainers are pretty low profile, so I'm not worried about interference between the retainer and the pillows inside of my nose, but I want to avoid putting pressure on the tip of my nose as much as possible to avoid any complications with healing the piercing.
  2. Why I'm trying to find nasal pillows instead of nasal mask or full face mask: without a CPAP mask my nose gets stuffed up and I start breathing through my mouth. With nasal pillows, the air flow keeps my nose from getting stuffed up and I breath through my nose all night. I used a full face mask, the ResMed Airfit F20, during my CPAP titration and it also kept my nasal passages clear but I hated using it because every time I moved it leaked. I'm a little worried with a nasal mask that if my nose gets a little bit stuffed up my sleeping self is going to take the path of least resistance and start mouth-breathing.
Thanks! I hope folks here have some suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 4 92 23 minutes ago
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 249 7 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Dripping Nose Lesley19 3 119 04-10-2024, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Lesley19
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,118 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Pressure vs. Airflow Burst for Nasal Opening GoodSleepHunting 0 108 04-04-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,932 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 300 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.