Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Need Software for Remstar Plus C-Flex
Need Software for Remstar Plus C-Flex
I just received this REmstar Plus C-Flex machine a weed ago. When I tried to read the SD Card with ResSCan software I received this error message "ResScan does not recognize this data. Please delete data or connect another device". Also SleepyHead, when pointed to the porper directory, it just igonores it.
A text file on the SD card gives a few parameters that might be of some help. It is labeled:
properties.txt
SerialNumber=P069691684148
ModelNumber=260P
ProductType=0x33
DataFormat=UDF
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=0
FamilyVersion=4
SoftwareVersion=V3.02
FirstDate=LastDate
LastDate=1353420256
BasicKey=01de00022ff4
ErrorKey=000004006760
PatientFolderNum=0
PatientFileNum=10
EquipFileNum=0
TS=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
ValidCheck=95fd
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need Software for Remstar Plus C-Flex
welcome to the forum
your machine 260P PRS1 Plus
the plus is not data capable machine ... No efficacy data just hours used
Resscan just support Resmed machines. SH need a patch to work with 60 series machine

if you just got this machine .. speak to your doctor and provider to have it replaced with PRS1 Auto or Pro ... best of luck
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can replace it, you want any Respironics that does not have "Plus" in the name or a ResMed that has "Escape" in the name. They only collect compliance data (hrs used).

You can use SleepyHead to view the hours if you need a graph to keep track of that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you got screwed by your DME (CPAP seller.) A Philips Respironics (PRS1) 160/260/Plus machine does not record any data on how well your therapy is working. It only records how long you used the machine.

With insurance, you usually pay the same price for a PRS1 Elite or AutoSet that records every breath you take during the night, and detects if you're having any apneas.

Unfortunately, the install process for SleepyHead for the "60 series" CPAP machines is a little complicated at the moment. Let me try to find or create a better description of how to do it.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi landy101, WELCOME! to the forum.!
The "ResScan" software only works with "Resmed" machines. If you can, you might see if you can replace the machine you have now with one that is totally data capable.
Best of luck to you and hang in there for more suggestions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2012, 05:47 PM)landy101 Wrote: I just received this REmstar Plus C-Flex machine a weed ago.

Call your provider and tell them you want a different machine. The machine you have doesn't record the data you need to measure how many apneas you're having or how much air your mask is leaking. Both of these measurements are crucial to you being able to tell how well your machine is treating your condition. Without it you're basically just hoping it's working.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='landy101' pid='23568' dateline='1353710859']
I just received this REmstar Plus C-Flex machine a weed ago. When I tried to read the SD Card with ResSCan software I received this error message "ResScan does not recognize this data. Please delete data or connect another device". Also SleepyHead, when pointed to the porper directory, it just igonores it.
A text file on the SD card gives a few parameters that might be of some help. It is labeled:
properties.txt
ModelNumber=260P

If you want data that will tell you how effective your therapy is, you will need a machine that will collect the data (such as a 460P cpap or 560p apap), as well as Sleepyhead with the proper patch applied. I have a 460p and it collects plenty of data for me to tell how my therapt is going. I have tried Encorebasic and found it to only give a summary of numbers over time (maybe I'm just not using it right?). I now use Sleepyhead v0.9.2-3 with the special patch to make it work with PR series 60 machines and I love it! SH can easily break the data from summaries into per-day graphs and charts that are easily understandable. On the Overview tab's graphs I have been watching my average AHI steadily decline as I adjust to the cpap therapy, and on the Daily tab I can find out exactly what happened on any given night or nap. For you to do this kind of thing, you will have to make your DME swap the 260p for a 460p or a 560p, or you could outright buy a 450p, 460p, 550p, or 560p from an online supplier, such as #2 on the supplier list http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
You shouldn't even have to worry with the special patch to get Sleepyhead software to work with the 450p or 550p units.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 12:46 AM)twindad Wrote: [quote='landy101' pid='23568' dateline='1353710859']
properties.txt
ModelNumber=260P

If you want data that will tell you how effective your therapy is, you will need a machine that will collect the data (such as a 460P cpap or 560p apap), as well as Sleepyhead with the proper patch applied. I have a 460p and it collects plenty of data for me to tell how my therapt is going. I have tried Encorebasic and found it to only give a summary of numbers over time (maybe I'm just not using it right?). I now use Sleepyhead v0.9.2-3 with the special patch to make it work with PR series 60 machines and I love it! SH can easily break the data from summaries into per-day graphs and charts that are easily understandable. On the Overview tab's graphs I have been watching my average AHI steadily decline as I adjust to the cpap therapy, and on the Daily tab I can find out exactly what happened on any given night or nap. For you to do this kind of thing, you will have to make your DME swap the 260p for a 460p or a 560p, or you could outright buy a 450p, 460p, 550p, or 560p from an online supplier, such as #2 on the supplier list http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List
You shouldn't even have to worry with the special patch to get Sleepyhead software to work with the 450p or 550p units.

I should add that if you can get a 460p or a 560p, you should be able to use your existing humidifier with it, so you could exchange or buy the cpap unit only. If you were to buy a 450p or a 550p, you would need to get a humidifier along with that cpap machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2012, 12:46 AM)twindad Wrote: I have tried Encorebasic and found it to only give a summary of numbers over time (maybe I'm just not using it right?).

You can enter a range of only one day and get a summary for that one day only. It's nowhere near as good a product as SleepyHead.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone tell me from where I can downlaod patch for sleepyhead as I can not able to download data of 460P from my SD card
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 123 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 478 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,228 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 273 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 405 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 356 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 614 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.