Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Need a non-welt producing Full Face mask - HELP!!
RE: Need a non-welt producing Full Face mask - HELP!!
I may switch to the F30i the next time I'm due supplies. I just received my re-supply just a day or so ago. Two new F30 cushions, a full F30 headgear assembly, a hose, more filters, and another water reservoir.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
A comment I would make, albeit based on very limited experience (only tried three masks so far) is that there seems to be a marked difference in the type of material used to make the cushions, at least across the Resmed range.

They are all 'silicone' apparently, but I have found that none of the current masks use cushions that are anywhere near as soft/pliable as my original Resmed Quattro Mirage FX. These new, stiffer cushions leave painful welts on my nose, similar to your problem, whereas the QM FX doesn't.

AFAIK, Resmed don't make the QM FX any more, so whenever I come across a seller that still has stock, I buy a few cushions and sets of headgear (the rest lasts forever). I get around a year out of a cushion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I briefly tried an F&P Vitera full face mask. It wasn’t the right mask for me, but neither was its direct competitor, the Resmed F20. However, it was very comfortable, and might be worth a try if you don’t like Resmed’s offerings.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2020, 01:40 AM)StevesSp Wrote: A comment I would make, albeit based on very limited experience (only tried three masks so far) is that there seems to be a marked difference in the type of material used to make the cushions, at least across the Resmed range.

They are all 'silicone' apparently, but I have found that none of the current masks use cushions that are anywhere near as soft/pliable as my original Resmed Quattro Mirage FX. These new, stiffer cushions leave painful welts on my nose, similar to your problem, whereas the QM FX doesn't.

AFAIK, Resmed don't make the QM FX any more, so whenever I come across a seller that still has stock, I buy a few cushions and sets of headgear (the rest lasts forever). I get around a year out of a cushion.

Thanks StevesSp, I posted the following yesterday as an update to my original post:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head

This is a happy update to my prior post titled “Need a non-welt producing Full Face mask”

Kudos to the “Large Male” member known by the sobriquet “Big Guy” who suggested I take a closer look at ResMed masks. I had foolishly written off their latest copy-cat appearing versions of Dreamware’s nasal and FF masks because as viewed in pictures they appeared to be identical. What I didn’t see was the ResMed nose pillow had a contoured shape whereas the Dreamwear pillows are shaped for users that chase parked cars. Yup, Dreamwear pillows were for people having square heads and/or flat faces.

I love the ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face. First night AHI was 0.6, my best score to-date. It hasn’t leaked once nor has it required me to overly tighten the mask restraints. And for some unknown reason I don’t have tape my mouth shut. Dont-know May take me awhile to figure that out. LOL
Bottom line: I highly recommend the F30i. Unlike previous F30’s, the F30i has the hose connection on top of the head which is major improvement in comfort and leak prevention.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2020, 08:21 AM)ragtopcircus Wrote: I briefly tried an F&P Vitera full face mask. It wasn’t the right mask for me, but neither was its direct competitor, the Resmed F20. However, it was very comfortable, and might be worth a try if you don’t like Resmed’s offerings.

Thanks ragtopcircus, I posted the following update, yesterday, to my original post:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Recommendation for ResMed’s latest AirFit masks having hose port at top of head

This is a happy update to my prior post titled “Need a non-welt producing Full Face mask”

Kudos to the “Large Male” member known by the sobriquet “Big Guy” who suggested I take a closer look at ResMed masks. I had foolishly written off their latest copy-cat appearing versions of Dreamware’s nasal and FF masks because as viewed in pictures they appeared to be identical. What I didn’t see was the ResMed nose pillow had a contoured shape whereas the Dreamwear pillows are shaped for users that chase parked cars. Yup, Dreamwear pillows were for people having square heads and/or flat faces.

I love the ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face. First night AHI was 0.6, my best score to-date. It hasn’t leaked once nor has it required me to overly tighten the mask restraints. And for some unknown reason I don’t have tape my mouth shut. Dont-know May take me awhile to figure that out. LOL

Bottom line: I highly recommend the F30i. Unlike previous F30’s, the F30i has the hose connection on top of the head which is major improvement in comfort and leak prevention.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 517 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,588 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 696 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 397 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 168 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.