Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ever had your CPAP stolen at a hotel?
RE: Ever had your CPAP stolen at a hotel?
(06-26-2013, 05:31 PM)Sia Wrote: Sad to read this. Now even medical units get stolen?

Actually no, the general consensus so far is that people (who responded) haven't had issues like that.
Post Reply Post Reply
So what are those statistics again of how many terrorists have been caught smuggling bombs on board that have been disguised as CPAP's, walking canes and wheelchairs?

The public would like to know!

Big Grin
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
TSA?

Theatre Securitie Artistes?
Post Reply Post Reply
Transportation Security Administration.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 05:24 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: TSA?

Theatre Securitie Artistes?

Laugh-a-lot

Sometimes it does feel like a theater production.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 06:01 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Transportation Security Administration.

Please.... we have a rule against using foul language here. Bigwink Too-funny

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend getting a credit card that insures hotel stays/travel booked and paid for with the card. They get the attention of the hotel because they can "secure" all of the hotel's credit card payments until the unit is replaced. My card covers all travel that is paid for on the card including by car if the gas, hotel and other travel purchases are on the card.
We travel often and have never had a problem with any of our medical supplies.
For air travel see if your DME has medical device tags that provide a description of the equipment for TSA and always carry a letter from your sleep doctor or DME the indicates the neccessity of the device.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2013, 10:01 PM)oldteddybear Wrote: I recommend getting a credit card that insures hotel stays/travel booked and paid for with the card. They get the attention of the hotel because they can "secure" all of the hotel's credit card payments until the unit is replaced.

There's something to look into, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
If I don't have a good feeling about the hotel I just lock it in the luggage. Although I have seen S9's for sale on craigslist the low risk of theft does not warrant hauling it to the car every day imo.

Off topic: Regarding TSA they have a tough thankless job. Missing contraband can get them fired. Personally, I don't have a problem with pat-downs, scanners, etc. but if I did I would not take it out on the poor TSA agents like so many seem to do.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Attempting To Try CPAP Treatment Again. Please Help. Fatigued Has Stolen My Life allistairt 8 1,121 10-18-2022, 11:00 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  horrible hotel smell persists ktopaz 4 890 12-20-2021, 11:52 AM
Last Post: ktopaz
  Mouth dry staying at hotel; is it me or my environment? willo 2 2,038 12-21-2018, 02:26 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Angry Just arrived at hotel. 1 week old philips dream station go machine dead! qwawawawa 12 3,775 05-04-2018, 07:36 AM
Last Post: ardenum
  Getting hotel smells out of CPAP PaulaO2 29 17,299 07-11-2014, 10:26 PM
Last Post: archangle

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.