Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Need help with VPAP
Need help with VPAP
Hello,
I never had a vpap before, have been using a CPAP for about 8 years, but I am always tired even though my AHI is in a good level, but I notice I have central sleep apneas and periodic breathing (Cheynes Stokes breating).. My doctor is useless and my insurance appears to be putting up a battle for me to get the right machine I need.

I am looking to buy a vpap adapt, and as we know they are very expensive. I want to know the difference between these 2 Vpap machines. One is the older machine and one is the newer machine. I can find the older vpap adapt for about $400 used while the newer version is well over $1000.

I want to know if the older vpap adapt is good enough for treating the following: obstructive apnea, central sleep apnea, cheyne stokes breathing?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with VPAP
From the mfg: "The VPAP Adapt SV system is intended to provide non-invasive ventilatory
support to treat adult patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and respiratory
insufficiency caused by central and/or mixed apneas and periodic breathing. This
device is intended for use in the hospital or home"

Get the later S9 machine. The older machine is an S8; and uses a proprietary data card and reader.
SV is a "Servo Ventilator" used to treat OA, CA, and CSR.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi abigoria,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Good luck to you on your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, I see your concern regarding the prices and as above both machines do work, but the reality is the A10 is now out and so the S8 is going to be 2 generations behind current, besides using proprietary data cards and the like. You really should keep looking to get the S9. Have you tried searching down Craigs List as well as the supplier list on this page (scroll to the top) there are quite a few suppliers that sell used units at decent prices. It took me a bit to find a 760 on Craigs List but I did eventually find it, your's may be a bit harder but they do come up from time to time.

Supplier #2 has a VPAP S9 for $729, just took a quick look.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2014, 10:58 AM)Galactus Wrote: Hi there, I see your concern regarding the prices and as above both machines do work, but the reality is the A10 is now out and so the S8 is going to be 2 generations behind current, besides using proprietary data cards and the like. You really should keep looking to get the S9. Have you tried searching down Craigs List as well as the supplier list on this page (scroll to the top) there are quite a few suppliers that sell used units at decent prices. It took me a bit to find a 760 on Craigs List but I did eventually find it, your's may be a bit harder but they do come up from time to time.

He is looking for the ResMed S9 VPAP/BIPAP Adapt SV with Heated Humidifier - REF - 36007. That supplier sells it for $1049. and $1249 for # 36037. He has CA and CSR and needs an ASV machine which the straight VPAP is not.

And for the OP: VPAP is ResMed's trade name for BiLevel.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 VPAP Adapt is the machine that was requested for me by my doctor for my centrals which are drug induced in me because of some prescription pain medication I wear 24/7/365 ..

You don't list your present machine and settings which will be helpful for others to help you !! Central Sleep Apnea's can be made worse with higher pressure so many times its a fine line to eliminate the Centrals without inducing more obstructive apnea's by lowering the pressure ..

Being a new user of just over 1 month .. last night was my firsts AHI of 0.00

Resmed has several different machines in the ASV category depending on what is need for the individual ..( ASV = Adaptive Servo Ventilation )
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2014, 01:10 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(11-04-2014, 10:58 AM)Galactus Wrote: Hi there, I see your concern regarding the prices and as above both machines do work, but the reality is the A10 is now out and so the S8 is going to be 2 generations behind current, besides using proprietary data cards and the like. You really should keep looking to get the S9. Have you tried searching down Craigs List as well as the supplier list on this page (scroll to the top) there are quite a few suppliers that sell used units at decent prices. It took me a bit to find a 760 on Craigs List but I did eventually find it, your's may be a bit harder but they do come up from time to time.

He is looking for the ResMed S9 VPAP/BIPAP Adapt SV with Heated Humidifier - REF - 36007. That supplier sells it for $1049. and $1249 for # 36037. He has CA and CSR and needs an ASV machine which the straight VPAP is not.

And for the OP: VPAP is ResMed's trade name for BiLevel.

My apologies, I did not see the Adapt, sorry about that one.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV vs VPAP ST stanleyjack 4 468 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST fakeinternetmoney 7 1,229 08-28-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: fakeinternetmoney

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.