Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Need recommendation on facial red marks, and perhaps a cpap pillow
RE: Need recommendation on facial red marks, and perhaps a cpap pillow
This Resmed mask fitting guides videos might be of some help
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA23652FAF5627F3F
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2013, 09:19 PM)iwanttosleep Wrote:
(04-05-2013, 08:44 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: No, just time. Lotion might make the skin more flexible and more willing to go back into shape.

Is it like dents (like you slept with a wrinkled sheet) or red marks that are sore?

More like red marks. Looks like a sunburn but isn't.

Hi, iwanttosleep.

I am very sorry that you are struggling. We have a lot of contact with PAP users who are having allergic reactions. I would definitely try a very thorough cleansing of your mask, first. If that doesn't help, it may be because that what you need is for your mask not to have to touch your face. If that's the case, I'd love to help if you are interested, if not, that's ok too. I hope that you are able find relief very soon.

~Becky at RemZzzs
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2013, 04:45 PM)iwanttosleep Wrote: Hello all,

I did some quick searching through the forum about cpap pillows but didn't find what I needed so I figured I'd write a post and ask all of your advice.

First off, I am a stomach sleeper. I've tried to fall asleep on my back, but it just doesn't work. Now that I have a cpap machine the stomach sleeping is a little more difficult, but still is necessary.

The problem is that I have red marks on the side of my nose now which I don't particularly like, and sometimes I wake up with the mask leaking because I'm jamming it into the pillow. I'm also not too fond of the constant white noise generated from the exhaust blowing onto the pillow.

I'm currently using the Mirage FX nasal mask, I tried the Swift FX, but I just can't get accustomed to wearing the mask on my nose. It just feels too weird to me.

So now I'm beginning to consider a special pillow purchase. The one I've seen online that seems to be well constructed, with the cpap user in mind is the CountourLiving CPAPMax (tried to post a link but the forum permissions prohibited that)

I was wondering if any of you

1.) Have a recommendation for a cpap pillow for stomach sleepers
2.) Have any methods for minimizing/curing the red marks on one's face from the mask.

Thanks in advance!

hi

i have recently purchased a tempur pillow as i sleep on my side a lot and the mask was leaking badly, the beauty of the pillow is it moulds to your face and mask and easily forms back to its original shape as you move, i am only 2 nights in with it but i have seen a marked change in my sleep and reduced leaks

the pillow is not cheap but if it helps to get a better sleep then it has to be worth it in my book
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 157 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 119 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,863 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 264 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 341 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.