Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New DME, New Machine - Respironics 640 ??
RE: New DME, New Machine - Respironics 640 ??
Sleepster, you must be a mind reader!! I've been looking at Supplier #2 and they have a "gently used" ResMed S9 Autoset with accessories for $479 and an "open box" one for $749. (Hope it's ok to post the prices.) So, I'm thinking I'm going to make my old DME an offer. After all, just what are they going to do with it? And you never know when I might need a second one.

Then there's the oxygen concentrator they gave to me and were never paid for that, either. New doctor thinks, maybe, my O2 levels drop during REM sleep, but I think it's because I live at 5600'. When I'm down at sea level I'm FINE. I have a recording pulse oximeter so I can check. Anyway… recently a supplier had some low usage oxygen concentrators on sale for $350, including shipping. So I might just offer them that for the concentrator JUST IN CASE. I'll have enough equipment around here to start my own "sleep screening clinic".

But you're right. I'm having "separation anxiety" about giving this machine back to the old DME. I think it is wise to try to make a deal at this point. I just "counted up" and I've used my ResMed S9 Autoset for 21 months. I'd hardly call that "gently used" (although it looks brand new to me). Never know when I'll need "parts" or a spare. And I live too far from civilization to ever get anything on craigslist.

So, I'm going to do some searching and will print out the deals I find in the supplier list to show to the old DME. Then, maybe, we'd all feel better.

Now it's off to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,067 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 675 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,420 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,297 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,181 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.