Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment]  Recompliance period of 90 days with new insurance.
Sad 
Recompliance period of 90 days with new insurance.
LolaboveHas anyone else had this happen? I had to switch medicare advantage plans due to loss of husbands insurance because of obamacare and have to go through an other compliance period with a smart stick. I've used a cpap for 5 years and have had the same Drs but i'm on my 3rd DME supplier. Because of new Medicare advantage plan. Is this normal. I just now got my new icon premo + after 3 week wait with a heated hose and am sleeping great.Sleep-well I figure it may because the other DME suppliers didn't send compliance records but i'm neither a Dr or RT just a confused patient and what do I know?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recompliance period of 90 days with new insurance.
Hi Mamakrip50,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you are sleeping well with your new machine.
Hang in there and someone will be able to help you with your insurance question, soon.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Although it sounds unusual and unnecessary to go though another monitored compliance period, things at Medicare are changing.
So, what normal is seems to be a shifting landscape.

My DME is messing with me over seeing a doc every 6 months to continue to get supplies under traditional Medicare.
(I saw the doc about 7 months ago.)

It's an extra couple of steps to pull the compliance data -- it would seem to be worth it to get continued coverage for CPAP.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2014, 10:39 AM)Mamakrip50 Wrote: LolaboveHas anyone else had this happen? I had to switch medicare advantage plans due to loss of husbands insurance because of obamacare and have to go through an other compliance period with a smart stick. I've used a cpap for 5 years and have had the same Drs but i'm on my 3rd DME supplier. Because of new Medicare advantage plan. Is this normal. I just now got my new icon premo + after 3 week wait with a heated hose and am sleeping great.Sleep-well I figure it may because the other DME suppliers didn't send compliance records but i'm neither a Dr or RT just a confused patient and what do I know?

I switched from BCBS to a medicare advantage plan in 2013. I have been on CPAP since 2011. In 2013 I got a CPAP Auto machine and I had to go through compliance again because the insurance company wants to make sure that we are compliant or they don't want to pay for the machine. In 2014, I was switched to a VPAP machine and I had to go through compliance again even though I am insured with the same company. Now that doesn't make sense to me in a way b/c they know I am compliant. I figure that I had to do this just in case the VPAP doesn't help me anymore than a CPAP Auto because they are much more expensive for the insurance company and for me. I still can't figure out why Medicare won't just buy the machine outright after 90 days as it would save a lot of money but it is helpful for me to be able to pay out my part over a period of time and not all at once.

The only thing I have to say is that I never had to go the full 90 days for compliance b/c I was compliant in the first 30 days. I can understand your insurance company doing this as they are the one that is going to be paying for the machine and they don't want to pay for something they can't verify that you are using.

Hope this makes sense.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,518 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 421 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 340 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.