Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New Mask hose doesn’t fit tightly to old heated CPAP hose
New Mask hose doesn’t fit tightly to old heated CPAP hose
Thanks to the thorough reviews by the experienced users in this group I made what I feel like was an informed choice & have received my new CPAP mask. The issue I have now is the new mask hose seems to be a different size than the one I replaced and it’s now popping or slipping off the rubber seal of the CPAP heated hose that I had been using with the old mask. I didn’t replace the heated hose because there was nothing wrong with it. Anyone have any advice for this situation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Mask hose doesn’t fit tightly to old heated CPAP hose
As best as I recall, most mainstream hoses and mask connections are the same. Regardless, they should fit snugly. You could try getting a strong rubber band that could tighten things up possibly.

However if it’s a mask like my Respironics Amara View, I’m thinking the mask has its own short hose with a connector to go between hoses.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both ends are exactly the same on a regular non-heated hose. If your hose appears different on one end, chances are very good that a connector bushing is in there.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2019, 08:30 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: As best as I recall, most mainstream hoses and mask connections are the same. Regardless, they should fit snugly. You could try getting a strong rubber band that could tighten things up possibly.

However if it’s a mask like my Respironics Amara View, I’m thinking the mask has its own short hose with a connector to go between hoses.

Yes that’s it exactly. The new mask came with a short hose of its own & a connector to use when attaching it to my existing CPAP hose. The connector must not be the same size as the one that came with the old mask though because it fits significantly more loosely. I may try your rubber band idea, that’s an interesting suggestion.
Post Reply Post Reply
Were you able to verify if that connector was stuck in one of the hose ends?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found that the mask end of my Climateline hose stretches and gets loose after a while. The rubbery material seems to soften and the short hose slides in more (too!) easily. I'm now on my third hose in four and a half years - significantly longer than ResMed recommends, but you know...

For reference, the plastic end of the short mask hose is 0.875 in diameter, +/- a few thou - and it fits tightly in my new Climateline, and slides somewhat loosely in the old ones.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had a climateline hose for a little over a year and noticed that my F20 mask doesn't fit quite as tightly. It appears the softness of the rubber may be the limiting factor the life of the hose.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a white cloth hypoalergenic bandaid tape to fit tubes of varying diameters, no added perfumes or disinfectants, pure white.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying the rubberband suggestion. It *should* squeeze the outside of the heated CPAP hose just enough to keep the smaller mask hose from slipping out. If that doesn’t work, may have to get a new heated hose. It’s possible the heated CPAP hose could have stretched out a bit but the old mask adapter still fits pretty tightly so I’m pretty confident the hard plastic connection adapter on the old mask was just a bit larger in diameter than the new mask’s connection adapter.

Thank you for all the suggestions!
Post Reply Post Reply
A few tight wraps of electrical tape on the connector can increase the size back to an interference fit.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 202 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 952 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 345 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 261 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 828 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.