Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New Resmed S10 wont start after 1 use
New Resmed S10 wont start after 1 use
Hi Everyone

Need some help please, I am in Australia and just got delivered from the US a Resed S10 unit. It arrived yesterday, I used it for the first time last nite with no problems. Later this morning I wanted to check on the reporting function and fine tune the settings, but my screen is totally black and unit is unresponsive.

I have unplugged everything and reconnected everything, even the SD card, but the unit wont turn on, the screen is black.

Even when I put the mask on the unit wont start ... I've just returned my old rental unit and dont have anything for tonite .. .so the stress level is at max that I have been duped.

Please give me some suggestions on how to fix this.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Resmed S10 wont start after 1 use
If the screen will not illuminate, then I suspect the power brick or cord. Since you got it from the US, it likely has a US power cord with two parallel flat blades. How did you adapt that to the Oz socket. Did you use an adapter; or find a cord that has the Oz plug on one end and will plug into the power brick at the other end?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the green led on the brick lit up?

Take a look at the center pin of the plug at the end of the dc output cable.

Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you need to seek recourse with the seller. Wish I had a better alternative, but at this point, I don't.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gothicsam,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You need to talk to the people at the place where you got it about this problem.
Good luck on getting this resolved.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies ... I got a US to AU adapter with the machine .. the light ontop of the unit is on .... I may see if I can get another power unit .. I think the resmed unit is 90 w ?

I have sent an email to the 1800cpap people ... I doubt I will hear anything back until Tuesday my time. 4 days .. sigh
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2016, 10:22 PM)gothicsam Wrote: Thanks for the replies ... I got a US to AU adapter with the machine .. the light ontop of the unit is on ....
The light on the top of the machine is stop/start button, does the machine start if the button pressed?

Quote from the first post ... "Even when I put the mask on the unit wont start"
You'll need to enable "SmartStart" from the clinical menu, for the machine to start automatically when you breathe into the mask and stop when you remove the mask

I got my machine from overseas too, I use an S8 power cord from Supplier #13 http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List , also the cord of the old S9 works too

Post Reply Post Reply
When I press the button at the top of the machine nothing happens .. the unit is till inactive .. but that light is still on ... I will see if I can source another power supply to try
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2016, 11:16 PM)gothicsam Wrote: When I press the button at the top of the machine nothing happens .. the unit is till inactive .. but that light is still on ... I will see if I can source another power supply to try
Try that and if no change, the machine might be faulty and have to be shipped back for replacement
Did you check run hours on the machine? new machines should be zero hours
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,421 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,240 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 539 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 562 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 483 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How should I start sleep2023 8 923 07-03-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Sorry to start new thread but need nap Morgannon 148 6,881 06-04-2023, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.