Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New User DS7 Health Care Machine from Amazon
New User DS7 Health Care Machine from Amazon
Anyone familiar with this machine DS7  from Amazon.  I am unsure as to what software I can use to review data from the SD card.  Any hints on optimizing the machine would be helpful,  I have just started using auto CPAP work mode with the low max pressure (7.5) which was recommended from a sleep study to be effective.  I did not go on CPAP immediately after the sleep study ( in Aug of 2019) but used a customized mouthpiece until recently. I have only tried for 3 sessions now, but overall it's working well as monitored by spO2 (Wellue ring).  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

mesmith9
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New User DS7 Health Care Machine from Amazon
Is it the Unsvorns device that purports to have every option from fixed CPAP, APAP, Bilevel S/T/ST?

Does it have a slot for an SDcard? Or any way to access data?

Unfortunately, the O2Ring just makes sure your oxygen levels are good, it can't tell you how many events you're having. Does the machine not show any stats or come with any software?

Edit: A bit more searching shows that yes, it has an SDCard slot. It also allows access through a cellular connection too. It says "per customer choice". I can only think that if there is any software, you would have to ask the manufacturer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Um, how is this legal to sell in the US via Amazon? CPAPs require a prescription, they're not "gift ideas for mom and dad" (from the Amazon page)! Has the FDA granted approval for this device in any capacity?

I'd be concerned that this is entirely untested and unproven, much like the various purported KN95 masks and counterfeits that showed up on Amazon over the past year.

At least Philips has the FDA looking over their shoulder. This has no oversight whatsoever. Steer clear!
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks exactly like a knockoff of a Resmed S9. That ought to prove interesting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2022, 01:43 PM)Ratchick Wrote: Unfortunately, the O2Ring just makes sure your oxygen levels are good, it can't tell you how many events you're having.

I use a contec so maybe it's different, but my O2 graph has a particular look when I'm having events. Yes it's indirect, but "everything is fine" should look different from "complete train wreck".
Post Reply Post Reply
I have paroxysmal aFIB which is managed (most of the time) by Flecainide, so I am most interested in the HR on the wellue ring output. The smoother the HR trace there seems indicative of a lesser chance of reverting to an arrhythmia. I have an appointment with the local sleep center folks, but its not until 17 Feb. I may be better using the mouthpiece for a while longer instead of the DS7 until I can get a better sense of how this system performs.

It is the Unsvorns device and has those options in the selection dropdowns for work mode.  there is an SD card and it is loaded with Dreamsleep Dataviewer
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazon doesn't really care what is sold on the site. They leave that responsibility up to the seller to determine if it appropriate (and legal) or not. Very sad.

I would strongly suggest that users stay away from this brand of CPAP on Amazon until more info can be gathered.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazon used to be a good source for CPAP machines and members regularly refered users to them until Amazon (and also Ebay) stopped selling them. I suspect they will be gone soon, or other vendors will begin to once again sell on Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went back and looked the listings for these machines. I noticed that they don't mention "CPAP", but are listed as a "Sleep Aid Machine". Talk about trying to skirt the rules.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes that's another red flag.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 88 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 114 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 201 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 305 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 535 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,141 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newish User of Breathing Machine RuralCPAP 0 386 03-13-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: RuralCPAP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.