Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New diagnoses
RE: New diagnoses
(04-05-2018, 06:46 AM)Pfarm Wrote: Thanks again for all the advice!  Hopefully my results show this time.  Also, it looks like the aircurve 10 I was planning on might not happen so I'm wondering if, based on my test results, anyone could give me some good machine options and possibly some places to look with reasonable prices?  From the little bit of research I've done on used machines, I think I'd be ok with one that was taken care of and comes from a smoke free home.

What I am seeing in your photo of the sleep test results is 21 obstructive events, 0 mixed events, and 1 central apnea event. In my opinion you could probably get away with a basic fixed pressure CPAP. And an auto CPAP like the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet would work too, but may be a bit of overkill. Certainly no basis for selecting an AirCurve 10 Auto ASV model.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a note. ASV was not mentioned. However a VAUTO (not ASV) is often preferred for treating Hypopnea's due to the larger pressure support available.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, wondering if the AirCurve 10 Auto ASV model would be more machine than I would need or are you thinking a different reason it wouldn’t be warranted? Or would it still do what I need it to? And if I went with a basic fixed pressure machine, how old / how many hours would you draw the line at? Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
Pfarm, ASV operates completely different from the type machine you need.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I got the Asv from Ron’s prior post. The machine I’m looking into is a Resmed v autocurve 10...I still feel pretty clueless on all this stuff and get a little confused, but it sounds like this machine could serve me well? Maybe even more so as I had a good amount of hypopneas...i just don’t want to be get wrong type as it would be from a private seller with returning it not an option
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers would not indicate you need a BiLevel or an ASV. In fact even an auto CPAP is probably overkill. A fixed pressure machine may do just fine. Just try to get one that reports detailed data and is supported by SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Ron. This resmed  auto AirCurve according to the seller has 0 hrs, never used, she stated her father passed before he got to use it. I could get it for $225 machine, power supply and humidifier...it would be a sight unseen purchase (she lives 3 hrs away but is willing to ship) I think it’s legit from my correspondences with her...I’m just wondering if this deal is too good to pass up if it will work for me, regardless of if it’s more machine than I need? I’m seeing a lot of older, we’ll worn machines going for more, but this model is still over a grand everywhere
Post Reply Post Reply
Pfarm, That sounds like a great buy. You can't go wrong at that price.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
That’s good to know, Tx walla walla
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2018, 12:20 PM)Pfarm Wrote: Thanks, Ron. This resmed  auto AirCurve according to the seller has 0 hrs, never used, she stated her father passed before he got to use it. I could get it for $225 machine, power supply and humidifier...it would be a sight unseen purchase (she lives 3 hrs away but is willing to ship) I think it’s legit from my correspondences with her...I’m just wondering if this deal is too good to pass up if it will work for me, regardless of if it’s more machine than I need? I’m seeing a lot of older, we’ll worn machines going for more, but this model is still over a grand everywhere

Is it the AirCurve 10 VAuto? If so, from what I can see, this is the BiLevel version of the more common AirSense 10 AutoSet, and while it is kind of over kill for you it still should work. I tried to find a Clinical Manual to review but it looks like the only way is to send an e-mail request using the system here. It looks like the method to get into the clinical menu is the same as the Air Sense 10. Clinical Menu Access

If it is new as described it certainly is a good buy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Advice for recently diagnoses UARS SleepTea 1 353 01-26-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Angry 21y/o Worsened Symptoms with BiPAP after New Diagnoses Sarin 12 1,061 08-30-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: WW4B

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.