Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New diagnoses
RE: New diagnoses
Yes, that is the model. I was thinking it was too good a deal to pass up. I can’t wait to start with the therapy. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It seems to be true, but just wanted to confirm, are all cpap masks and hoses universal / interchangeable (will work with all machines?) thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
The masks fit all, but the hoses can be different.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guys - I’m wondering if anyone familiar with the ResMed AirCurve 10 v auto could give me a setting recommendation based on my study scores attached to this post? I went outside of insurance for my machine so they won’t  be involved in setting the machine up...I’m ready to start using it, I just need a little insight on using it effectively. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Set your Minimum EPAP at 4cm, Pressure Support at 4cm, and maximum IPAP at 20cm. This will give you a starting range to use for a few days. Once you get your results post them here using sleepyhead and you'll get advice on pressure changes to get your numbers fine tuned. If you didn't get an SD Card you'll need to buy one of those also so you can record the data.

As far as the humidifier settings I'd just put it in auto and adjust for comfort from there.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Will do, thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla - I’ve been trying to get going with my AirCurve 10 and am having nothing but issues and confusion:/ I can’t even run a good mask for test because the force of air that comes through is too much, it seems far too intense, my breathing can’t keep up with test...I’m using the air fit p10 but don’t know if it should be set as a nasal mask or pillows in the machine? I don’t even know if I should have the machine Serb as cpap, s, or v auto...and the only pressure settins I see are ‘Set pressure’ and ‘start pressure’...I don’t see min epap or max ipap

I feel pretty incompetent at this point and that I’m probably not set properly for the fit test, but I really want to get started with this machine to hopefully improve my quality of life, so any information to set me on track would be so greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
To get into the clinic settings hold the big control knob and home button in at the same time until the screen shows clinic menu. You'll be able to set pressures there. The mask type for the P10 is pillows. Also go to the private files section here on apnea board and request the clinic manual. That will help explain a of of the different settings.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I’m not sure how to get to the private area?
Post Reply Post Reply
Any idea what’s going on with what seems to be a ridiculous amount of air that I can’t keep up with on the machine’s mask fit!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Advice for recently diagnoses UARS SleepTea 1 350 01-26-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Angry 21y/o Worsened Symptoms with BiPAP after New Diagnoses Sarin 12 1,055 08-30-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: WW4B

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.