Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New to CPAP
New to CPAP
I'm having 2 issues with my ResMed S9 Elite. I purchased it used, as my insurance was about to run out. The Dr. tested and calibrated it at the office, but after reading the clinical setup manual, I can't enable the easy start function. The other issue is EPR settings; they were turned off at the Dr.'s office, but was reading it was helpful while getting used to the machine. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP
Hi CANVNC - Welcome

Certain models of the S9 will not allow SmartStart to work with FFM's. It will only work with nasal and pillow style masks. I would suggest that you obtain the Clinician's Manual (link also at the top of the page) for the S9. This will provide you with additional information about your configuration options, like the EPR, for your unit.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Easy start is grayed out when mask type is set to full-face.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CANVNC,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Certain models of the S9 will not allow SmartStart to work with FFM's. It will only work with nasal and pillow style masks.
Quote:Easy start is grayed out when mask type is set to full-face.

That's interesting. It's certainly not the case with my VPAP Adapt. I vaguely remember reading on this site that Smart Start sometimes doesn't work with pillows.

What I can say for certain is that it doesn't work if leak alert is turned on. I just checked on my machine - turning leak alert on instantly turns Smart Start off.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.