Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New to S9 AutoSet CPAP, H5i, ClimateLine
New to S9 AutoSet CPAP, H5i, ClimateLine
Hello,

I'm new to the forum but not to the world of CPAP. Diagnosed with an AHI of 45.9 in December of 2006, and from then until now I was on what seems to be called a 'brick' - no data, manual adjustment. I had insurance in 2006, so the machine was mostly paid for.

The machine worked for me pretty much straight away, which is why my husband called it the Snore Extractor from day one. All my problems since then had to do with (1) rain and (2) the mask/nasal pillows (ulceration in the nasal passages, etc.), which I finally resolved by getting a CPAP Pro device, which I'm guessing people here will be familiar with.

The machine seemed to be laboring lately so I did some research and asked some questions and ordered a S9 AutoSet CPAP with the heated hose (which will be well worth the money if it really stops the cold-water-up-the-nose-at-3am issue). Not insured at this point, so it's a big investment.

I'm just introducing myself now because I'm guessing I'll have a lot of questions once the S9 arrives. I've read through a lot of the forum and y'all seem to really understand the fine print, so I was glad to stumble across this forum.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to S9 AutoSet CPAP, H5i, ClimateLine
Yes, the climateline gets rid of rainout. We keep a cold bedroom in the winter and I had absolutely no rainout last winter. First time ever. I still had a drop or two of condensation in the mask, but that was rare.

First get the clinician manual. Then go through all the settings, learning what each one is and does.

Next get the software either ResScan or SleepyHead. Each behave differently. I have a brick still so I'm unfamiliar with both programs.

After that, spend a few weeks watching the data and looking for trends. You can then adjust the pressure to where it works best for you.

Congrats on the new machine!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the welcome, Paula.

We keep our bedroom really cold, too, so I'm really looking forward to that Climateline.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rosinalg, First of all, WELCOME! to the forum.! CONGRATULATIONS! on your new S9AutoSet, I think you'll be happy with it. I really like mine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 497 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 359 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,081 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 and climateline o2 Teeleidor 5 549 09-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 761 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.