Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New to all this need advice
RE: New to all this need advice
Hey everyone, its been awhile. I took a chance and bought a different mask, the dreamwear nasal mask that goes right below your nostrils and it has made a huge difference! It stays in place better and I get better sleep, though I still wake up some nights once or twice. My only issue with the mask is it leaves parts of my mustache area and nostrils sore and makes those areas very dry. Is there a way to reduce this or stop it? 

I ordered a pillow that is curved from amazon hoping it can further enhance my sleep. 

I've noticed since starting therapy I cannot sleep longer than around 6 or 6 1/2 hours, my body wakes me up after that even on the weekends where I used to sleep 8-10 hours(possibly to catch up from the crap sleep I got during the week) but that was before starting therapy. Is that normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump, I went to the Dr. but he said it is going well since average is 4ahi, the appointment as a whole was a waste of time he gave me some sleep journal papers to try to figure out why i wake up and said to wait until I'm really tired to go to sleep to break the cycle. As for the previous post, help?
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming your treated sleep sessions are less fractured from events, your 6+ hours are reflecting that you're getting more rest this way than your 8-10 hours were giving you prior. I'd take it as normal and positive. Are you feeling better for the CPAP therapy?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-29-2019, 02:40 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Assuming your treated sleep sessions are less fractured from events, your 6+ hours are reflecting that you're getting more rest this way than your 8-10 hours were giving you prior. I'd take it as normal and positive. Are you feeling better for the CPAP therapy?

They are less fractured but some nights I still wake up in the middle of the night and it's frustrating. 

I feel better from the therapy, but there is still room to improve. I still have days where I'm tired and count the hours until I can go lay down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Two things then, you can post OSCAR data to see what can be tweaked and secondly it is probably going to take time to adjust to sleeping healthier again and paying down that sleep debt. Best wishes to your success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright here are the last 3 nights charts for review. Some days I feel good, other days I'm tired when I wake up. Today I woke up and felt recharged although I only got 5ish hours of rest. I'm hoping it's setting changes needed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your old charts show flow limits driving your pressure. Is this the case now? If this is the case we may want to look at Increasing your EPR or even limiting your pressure excursions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
(01-19-2020, 08:40 AM)bonjour Wrote: Your old charts show flow limits driving your pressure. Is this the case now?  If this is the case we may want to look at Increasing your EPR or even limiting your pressure excursions.

I think this is what you are asking to see, right?

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is one more, I'm not sure what happened to the Tuesday chart

I changed mask a few months ago from nasal pillows which came off often to a dreamwear nasal which is much more comfortable and stays on, I'm not sure if that makes a difference in the charts. If needed I can post a few more from a couple months ago.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2020, 08:40 AM)bonjour Wrote: Your old charts show flow limits driving your pressure. Is this the case now?  If this is the case we may want to look at Increasing your EPR or even limiting your pressure excursions.
What does flow limits mean? 
What are pressure excursions?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 281 2 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 861 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,796 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 797 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.