Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New unit, new questions
Question 
RE: New unit, new questions
Hi Fred

Lately I have noticed (actually my wife was the first to notice  Smile) that i hear the fan of the S9. In the past I didn't notice anything, I don't know whether it's because we're now sleeping with a closed window so there's no  noise from outside, or because something has happened to the machine. We hear the fan when I inhale and when I exhale. Is it normal to hear something, or should the machine be completely silent?
I also added a humidifier lately, changed nasal piece from n30i to p30i, and am using different replacement filters. The new filters that I got are much thinner than the few that I received with the machine, so I'm using 2 of them. Don't know whether this could have something to do with hearing the fan.

TIA!
Post Reply Post Reply
The two filters could be causing the machine to work harder making it louder, the filters only protect the blower from hair and fluff entering the machine
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a replacement brand new air sense 10 a while back and it made a whine type noise also.
My DME replaced it with another new machine, all’s fine. So it does happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine isn't whining. When I inhale or exhale, it sounds like the machine is breathing. Harder I breathe, louder the sound
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 155 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 262 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  Adaptive servo-ventilation unit vs APAP Comfortcomposites 9 536 12-11-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.