Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] New update [upgrade to A10?]
New update [upgrade to A10?]
Currently have standard MEDICARE with supplemental private insurance.  I understand that  MEDICARE can replace CPAP
machines every five years.  I have been using a Resmed S9 VPAP autoset for over 6 years.  I understand that Resmed has
recently come out with AirSense 10 AutoSet.  Don't know if this is just the old S9 in a new package or if new features have
been added that would make it worth my while to try and get MEDICARE to update me to a new machine.    Shy

The old S9 appears to be working fine and I have no trouble using it.  Currently using large DreaWwear mask with medium
nose cushions.  Would like comments as to whether to update to AirSense 10 AutoSet or stay with old S9.  If I update, I would
still keep old S9 as a backup.  Any and all comments will be appreciated.   
Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New update
I think the only real update is the new S10 reports RERA's. But it always nice to have a new machine and use the old one as a backup. Also be warned that Medicare only will replace the machines if needed after 6 years. So I'm assuming your machine just broke.
  Big Grinnie
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New update
Your S9 is starting to make more noise isn't it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New update [upgrade to A10?]
They also dropped that annoying "download your data by day 7 or lose it" thing.

Lying about its condition would be insurance fraud, however, do make a list of everything and anything it is doing. Noises, smells, rattles. Your supplier will accept almost anything along those lines as reason to replace it. They then report it to The Powers That Be that the machine needs to be replaced. Done.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New update [upgrade to A10?]
(09-15-2018, 03:04 PM)Sleepy Al Wrote: Currently have standard MEDICARE with supplemental private insurance.  I understand that  MEDICARE can replace CPAP
machines every five years.  I have been using a Resmed S9 VPAP autoset for over 6 years.  I understand that Resmed has
recently come out with AirSense 10 AutoSet.  Don't know if this is just the old S9 in a new package or if new features have
been added that would make it worth my while to try and get MEDICARE to update me to a new machine.    Shy

The old S9 appears to be working fine and I have no trouble using it.  Currently using large DreaWwear mask with medium
nose cushions.  Would like comments as to whether to update to AirSense 10 AutoSet or stay with old S9.  If I update, I would
still keep old S9 as a backup.  Any and all comments will be appreciated.   
Oh-jeez

Sleepy Al, you need to know the Autoset is an auto-CPAP.  The machine you are interested in is the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto.  Do not confuse a supplier by using the term Autoset or you will get the wrong machine.  You have the Resmed S9 VPAP Auto, you want to directly replace it with the Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto.

The new Aircurve 10 Vauto is very similar in therapy results to the S9 VPAP Auto in a more compact convenient form factor. Both have EPAP minimum pressure, Pressure support and maximum pressure settings, and allow adjustments of Ti Min, Ti Max, and trigger and cycle sensitivity. Be sure to replace your older machine before it becomes dearly departed and you are waiting for approval for a new one. You are going to have considerable delays with paperwork and processing with Medicare, and it's better to get that out of the way before your machine experiences a malfunction or failure. Hopefully you have all of your sleep study records and prescriptions available. It can really avoid problems to have these files in a personal file that you keep to support your needs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 109 8,762 04-08-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 428 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 286 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 629 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Does ResMed plan to upgrade to 5G ? 3disorders 1 522 11-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How hard is it to upgrade with Medicare ? Nightynite 2 572 11-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Equipment] Airsense Autoset 11 FW Update GrumGrum 0 464 10-16-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: GrumGrum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.