Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Newbie Canadian needs advice before equipment purchase
RE: Newbie Canadian needs advice before equipment purchase
Nomi,

Masks are a personal preference, but you might want to try an AirFit P-10.  It is a nasal pillow mask with lightweight headgear.  I tried everything from full face masks to various pillow masks...  This mask doesn't leak and its hard to tell I'm wearing it.  Extremely comfortable - just a thought, while you are trying masks out...  I told my sister-in-law about this and she loves hers.  It's available with female headgear, also.

Curt
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum!

You've asked excellent questions. The people helping you have helped so many people.

I found the key to good treatment and improved sleep quality has come from my time spent here.

Second improvement was from selecting a good supplier. I've gone to them for quite a few years. They have helped me select good masks. In the past, I had to go to them to read the card in my cpap machine.  I didn't know how.

My old sleep doc used to hook me up with respironics machines. I've switched to the machine recommended to you. Advantage? There's an SD card in the machine. you an take that card out, insert it in a card reader or computer, and read it using OSCAR.  So you can see how you're doing. Or more important to me, you can see why you aren't feeling well treated or rested.

you can get the Clinician's Manual from this site. That will tell you how to use the features built in to your machine, or change settings.

Note that AFAIK you cannot read the card that the recent Respironics machine has.  I won't buy a Respironics machine ever again.

DaveL
near Pearson Airport; not quite in Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Nomi,

Just wanted to check in and see if you got your equipment yet, and if so, how things went.

If you haven't,  I can recommend a supplier that has a couple of branches in the city.  They treated me fairly.   I tried somebody else for a mask once, just to see how they were.   The second one seemed slippery.   Wanting all the info on my extended health insurance so they could submit claims for me.  

I heard the ADP reimbursement had changed recently, with the program contributing a smaller portion of the cost.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again to all for the great advice. This is the only place I have to turn to so I appreciate you guys very much.

I called the place I chose here in Toronto and was told there is a 3-4 month wait for machines so they’re putting me on a wait list. Sigh. Don’t know if it’s worthwhile calling others.

@Cpapian, I sent you a PM. Would definitely appreciate any DME recommendations.

Cheers,

Nomi
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 231 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,545 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 191 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 174 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 329 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.