Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Newbie with Problems
Newbie with Problems
Hi! I have a ResMed 10 Autoset. I can't exactly tell you how long I've used it because it hasn't worked correctly...

The first two nights were beautiful. The third night when I filled the water tub, water immediately poured out of it all over the counter. I noticed tons of small cracks leading up from the bottom plate and all around the seal. It was a weekend so I couldn't reach my DME company. It took them a week to respond and replace the tub. They told me to reset the machine to use it without humidification in the meantime (which my physician expressly told me not to do, and which makes me feel like my face has been pounded with bricks after I wake up, if I do).

The second water tub did the same thing after two days.

I will say that they had the heat set for 81 degrees and I changed it to 74 (I live in FL and to me breathing in 81 degrees is a little warm for sleeping). Humidity is set at 4. I only use distilled water. I've had no other problems with the machine that I can tell.

Of course, it's the weekend again and it will take forever to get the DME company to respond. I had to threaten them with notifying the physician and insurance company the last time, even though the machine is still under warranty.

Has anyone had this problem? Is the heat setting too high? Is it just a bad product?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie with Problems
Hi feileacan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
That's a bummer about your humidifier chamber leaking, and 2 of them at that.
Since your machine is under warranty, just ask again to replace it, hopefully, the third time will be a charm.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting a different humidifier chamber that works for you this time.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, many have reported problems with the water chamber. It is under warranty, call and have it looked at.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If its a fairly new machine I'd definitely request a replacement. The machine is designed to provide humidity for your comfort and NOT designed to crack the plastic..The humidity setting of 4 appears to me to be high also. I live in Florida and run mine on 1 or 2. Just enough humidity to keep from having a very dry mouth in the am.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a tough one. If two chambers broke in a row, I'd tend to suspect that something might be wrong with the machine. Except you got the replacement chamber from the same supplier, I think, so it may have come out of the same lot as the first one.

Hard to say. You could ask for a replacement machine now. If you try a third chamber and it cracks immediately, I'd DEFINITELY ask for a replacement machine.

There are some other threads on this board of people reporting a similar problem, but it doesn't usually happen in two days.

Good luck on getting the problem sorted out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings,

I completely agree - one more tank and request (with firm insistence!) a new machine.

Having been in HR Benefits I can also add: document, document, Document!!

Granted that in my personal life I had to deal with my father having been declared legally incompetent (due to untreated sleep apnea, I will add) and I noted the time of the call, who I talked with, the gist of the conversation and the time the call ended. I had to threaten a bank manager with the names and titles of the bank president and the manager's VP. I got the results I needed to protect my father's money. (can you say bulldog??? Yes!)

Hope you don't have to get to this level of pressure with the DME.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 396 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 135 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 196 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 206 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,017 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 490 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 173 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.