Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Newly diagnosed OSA - Which ACPAP
RE: Newly diagnosed OSA - Which ACPAP
If there is a good warranty for USD1000? You can get the resmed 10 off of US amazon for about 500, plus shipping and probably through a reshipper, as a lot will only post to the US. there are fors and against either way
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2017, 07:57 AM)ajack Wrote: If there is a good warranty for USD1000? You can get the resmed 10 off of US amazon for about 500, plus shipping and probably through a reshipper, as a lot will only post to the US. there are fors and against either way

Manju has ordered a ResMed A10 AutoSet, coming today. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL and here I was thinking I read all the posts properly, I missed out badly on the last post.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2017, 12:05 PM)bonjour Wrote: I can all but guarantee that your treatment needs will change over the life of the machine (likely 5+ years).  Getting data will identify the proper settings in your home, in your bed., not the clinic, a strange bed, with multiple wires attached and so forth.

The ResMed Autoset or Autoset for her are excellent machines that we can help you with, including recommendations for settings.

A different machine may be indicated if you have Central or Complex Apnea.  

Fred

Dear Bonjour,

Need your advice. I have been using the Autoset 10 for a week now. Relatively I have been able to sleep better. My AHI is almost zero most nights. And I surely feel better the next morning. I have been using a demo piece until now and its time for me to decide to buy the machine. My dilemma is do I need this machine for such low AHI? Thanks for your help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
IF your AHI was this low WITHOUT the CPAP machine you would not need it.  
You said "Relatively I have been able to sleep better."  This implies that the therapy is working well.  Your numbers are very very good and say that your therapy is working well, BUT you have an issue with leaks.  

I would suggest that you continue to use the CPAP.

But you also need to get you leaks under control.  Read the Mask Primer for help.  And also modify your charts to show, Leak.  Read the organization portion of the posting Sleepyhead data links.  That will allow us to better see what kind of leaks you are having.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
You were diagnosed with osa according to your original post in this thread. The resmed machine is treating this condition and the figures displayed in sleepyhead is you treated results. I have not seen a sleep study from you but if you do not use a machine you will have osa with the machine you will have treated osa and a low ahi which is great. The machine is raising pressure when needed to solve your osa.

What was your ahi as part of your original diagnosis.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2017, 11:55 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: You were diagnosed with osa according to your original post in this thread. The resmed machine is treating this condition and the figures displayed in sleepyhead is you treated results. I have not seen a sleep study from you but if you do not use a machine you will have osa with the machine you will have treated osa and a low ahi which is great. The machine is raising pressure when needed to solve your osa.

What was your ahi as part of your original diagnosis.

Jason

Thanks Jason. During sleep study (diagnosis) AHI was 71. I have been using this machine for a week now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much, Fred! The therapy is indeed working. It has also helped with my heart palpitations. They have not gone  all together but reduced remarkably. Maybe I do need the machine in the longer run.

I will read the links and work on the leaks, it has been way too much.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was in Mumbai a few weeks ago looking for a CPAP machine. That was before I had come across this forum. A local pharmacy suggested that I should get a RESPICARE single pressure device. At the time, I had no idea about the major brands and types of machines available as I had just been diagnosed with OSA.

I looked it up on google and to my surprise, i found almost no information on the device suggested. Moreover, it was nearly INR 36,000/- which is roughly $600. It had no warranty, data features and no auto pressure. Suffice it to say I didnt buy it.

Then I did some research and came across this website. Some great people suggested I get the RESMED AS10 Auto which is an Auto CPAP with data features. It was double the price but let me tell you, I am so thankful that this is what I bought and not the RESPICARE one.

I look forward to taking out the SD card each morning, downloading the data into sleepyhead and engaging in my own therapy. I would never have been able to get such detailed and nuanced data from the cheap machine. I can actually 'see' how I am sleeping and how the machine is working with me. I can see when my mask leaks, when I take it off, when how much I sleep and even differentiate sleep/wake breathing using detailed flow analysis. Plus having hundreds of people using the same device on this forum is extremely helpful and a huge morale booster.

I strongly suggest that if you can afford it, buy the best machine possible. You will not regret it.

EDIT: I see now that you have bought the ResMed. I am glad you did.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-14-2017, 11:50 AM)bonjour Wrote: IF your AHI was this low WITHOUT the CPAP machine you would not need it.  
You said "Relatively I have been able to sleep better."  This implies that the therapy is working well.  Your numbers are very very good and say that your therapy is working well, BUT you have an issue with leaks.  

I would suggest that you continue to use the CPAP.

But you also need to get you leaks under control.  Read the Mask Primer for help.  And also modify your charts to show, Leak.  Read the organization portion of the posting Sleepyhead data links.  That will allow us to better see what kind of leaks you are having.

Fred

Hi Fred,

My AHI is 0. Sleep is much better. How do I make sense of this low AHI and these graphs? Am I okay now? 

https://imgur.com/a/IQ5Wd

Taha, Thanks very much for sharing your experience! It is of great help. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 20 281 5 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 50 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 379 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 289 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hi I'm new here - just diagnosed waterboyOz 32 1,804 12-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First-time CPAP Machine Advice (Newly Diagnosed OSA) Franko39 2 407 11-15-2023, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Franko39

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.