Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] No Power
No Power
My F&P Icon quit in the middle of the night last week (had to set up Travel cpap in the middle of the night). I have no power at all when plugged in. Does anyone know if there is a fuse inside or has anyone else had this problem?Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Power
Welcome

I regret I cannot help you with that unit. Perhaps someone will have knowledge about it.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I also am not familiar with that model. I did find the users manual and could find no reference to a fuse or what to do if it will not turn on in either the usage section or troubleshooting section. Sorry. Maybe someone else will know more.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi zoid55,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know anything about your machine, hang in there for answers to your question.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and good luck with getting your F&P machine straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I've read through the manual and checked out F&P Healthcare's website. It says there are no user serviceable parts inside and it looks like they only have a 3 yr warranty on their equipment (I've had mine for 4 yrs). They mention a trade in program for Canadian customer's (but I can't find anymore details about it) so I am going to try taking it back to where I bought it to see if they can service it or not.
I'll let you know how it turns out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a recollection that machines bought under Ontario's Assistive Devices Program all have their warranty extended to five years.
In any case, I would take the machine and power brick to your DME and have them check both. I suspect the power brick failed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Re: fuse inside

While I'm not familiar with this particular model; all of the cpap models I have examined do have internal fuses. However, the fuses are soldered-in surface mount devices that a typical user really shouldn't attempt to replace. These fuses are almost always blown by other component failures and usually indicate a serious circuit malfunction. The fuses typically do not wear out or fail due to fatigue. Never replace a fuse with a short circuit (piece of wire) because a fire may result. There are usually no user serviceable parts inside.

In the case of an external cartridge type fuse; use an exact replacement and observe the cautions mentioned above.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
I contacted F&P Healthcare and they informed me this unit serviceable. I've made an appointment with the distributor to see if there is any warranty left on it or if there is some kind of discount on a replacement.

Thanks for for all your help
Post Reply Post Reply

[/quote]

I suspect the power brick failed.

Unfortunately the power cord is hard wired into the unit so I can't test it without taking it apart. I'm refraining from dismantling it until I find out about warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Zoid, you should check the AC adapter to see if it is the problem. AC adapter bricks are a common source of failure, and you can find replacements or test a replacement cord at electronic stores like Batteries Plus. Just take along the CPAP and see if it works on a replacement cord with the same output specifications. If it works buy the cord, problem solved. If it doesn't work, you need a replacement or repair through F&P.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,405 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 403 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 979 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 565 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.