Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] No Wireless Signal on AirCurve 10S
No Wireless Signal on AirCurve 10S
Hi, I am new member and have used a AirCurve 10S for 4 years.
I just knew that we can track the sleeping data information by ResScan software or myAir APP. So I tried to download and set them one week ago but I can't obtain any data information of my sleeping afterwards, because I couldn't turn the machine "On" of the Wireless signal, also I couldn't receive any data of my sleeping from ResScan or myAir. I changed several different places where should have strong Wireless signal, as well, flight mode 
was off.
I contacted ResMed call-centre, they asked me to go to see my equipment provider. However, my equipment provider wound up his business one year ago. Who can teach me how to solve it? Or the data signal service can only be provided in first couple years?
Thank you, very much!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: No Wireless Signal on AirCurve 10S
SleepyingTax, there is much better software than MyAir for tracking your sleep data. Download and install #Sleepyhead from the link at the top of the forum. Sleepyhead provides much more comprehensive data and allows you to view a long-term record of results as well as individual nights, hours or minutes. The only drawback is it does not work with mobile devices.

If you must use MyAir, find an authorized Resmed supplier where you might source your next machine replacement, and they should be able to register your current machine by serial number.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepingTax, I think your AirCurve is about the same age as my AirSense. It probably has a CDMA modem in it. You can check by scrolling all the way down in 'My Options' to 'About', clicking there, and scrolling all the way down to Internal Modem. You can see the Type and Signal level. Mine is CDMA and -93db respectively.
It has come to my attention that the cellular providers in BC have turned off all their CDMA coverage, so that's why you aren't getting any MyAir results anymore.
Bell has not turned off CDMA in Toronto... but I would not suggest that you move here to get MyAir results. Especially not this winter, as bad as you think yours is. SleepyHead software is a much better choice.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider,

I will try SleepyHead software. the problem might be the same which my machine doesn't have Wireless signal. Would SleepyHead still work, or how can I transmit the data from my machine to SleepyHead?
Post Reply Post Reply
Also thanks, pholynyk,

I checked CDMA and it says -93db, but the right top icon is showing "no wireless". Does it mean the machine is good, but no wireless service for my machine in Vancouver BC? Or I have to find a new equipment provider to register my machine to somewhere, then I will be able to be granted the wireless service?
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked around for CDMA providers in your area after reading this thread.  I couldn't find any.  Bottom line: Your machine is good but there isn't any CDMA networks available.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2019, 10:46 AM)SleepingTax Wrote: Thanks, Sleeprider,

I will try SleepyHead software. the problem might be the same which my machine doesn't have Wireless signal. Would SleepyHead still work, or how can I transmit the data from my machine to SleepyHead?

Sleepyhead uses an SD card in the machine check there is one in the slot if not any SD card between 2GB and 32gb will work what ever is cheap in your local store. You will need a laptop or pc with an sd card reader in it to also use sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2019, 01:45 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 10:46 AM)SleepingTax Wrote: Thanks, Sleeprider,

Sleepyhead uses an SD card in the machine check there is one in the slot if not any SD card between 2GB and 32gb will work what ever is cheap in your local store. You will need a laptop or pc with an sd card reader in it to also use sleepyhead

Thanks, good to know that. I do have a SD card in the machine and I only need to buy a SD card reader.
Post Reply Post Reply
One more question, just curiously: when I travel to Toronto from Vancouver, would my machine have Wireless signal again if Toronto has the wireless data service?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2019, 02:06 AM)SleepingTax Wrote: One more question, just curiously: when I travel to Toronto from Vancouver, would my machine have Wireless signal again if Toronto has the wireless data service?

Basically, no. There is one CDMA carrier left in Canada (Bell Mobility) that still has CDMA but is it planned for shutdown at the end of April.
Brian

"I drank WHAT?" - Socrates
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 298 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 563 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,500 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,354 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.